Free

Everyone it seems has questions of what are their privileges when they first join Agoracom.com as a new "Mail Room" level member.  Kate7 posted she was having difficulty trying to figure out how to post an article.  I wrote a lenghty response that I hoped would be of some help and I am reposting it here as an Off Topic post in addition to posting my response over on the Discussion Forum.  My intent is that it will be available quickly to anyone who might have a similar question.  

Kate, Glad to see your post.. as always.  Normally I would send you a PM regarding your statement about trying to figure out how to post articles... but since others may have the same question I am going to address that here on the Discussion Forum.

Agoracom.com has 4 different "Levels" of privilege and each level just means you can do more things with this terrific Agoracom tool.

Navigation takes a little time to learn, but the effort is worth it.

If you look up at the heading of this page you will see, starting from the Left corner:  INVESTORS, PUBLIC COMPANIES, CONFERENCES  .... and:  ABOUT US.

Put your cursor on:  INVESTORS and Enter on that title.  Then look slightly underneath at a new list of words that shows up:  My Home, Small Cap Marketplace, Broadcast Center, Request New Hub, Quick Tips... and finally:  Ratings and Ranks.  

Place your Cursor over Ratings and Ranks and then Enter on that label.  This will take you to the explanation of what the priviledges are for each Rank.  Starting as a "Mail Room" member you do not have access to the Links Library where you would post a link to an article.  You can, I believe, post the link in just a plain Discussion Forum post.  I'm not 100% positive about that but you could try to do so.

When you Enter on "New Message" to make a new post ...you have the choice of:  Message    Question for Agoracom   or    Off Topic Message   The default is: Message.. and would be posted just like your post or my reply to your post was posted.

Everyone starts out in the ranking as "Mail Room" and at that level you do not have access to post on the Links Library, so that may be the difficulty you are running into.

It doesn't really take that long to go from "Mail Room" level to "Treasurer" level.  Two of the members here who came over from the same message board where I encountered you are almost at the "Treasurer" level now and should be there after just making a few more posts and then they will have those additional privileges, including the ability to post on the Links Library.

Even though they list me as "Hub Leader" now, I still have limitations and a couple of days ago I exceeded the 10 Messages per day level that I am permitted as "Treasurer" level so I had to wait until yesterday to post a PM as what would have been my 11th message from the day before.  Agoracom has a definite structure to it, but that very structure prohibits the misuse of this message board, and all of the Agoracom.com message boards, that is so common on other message boards.  It takes a little adjustment but in the end it is more than worth it.

I am probably permanently entombed as being in the "Treasurer" level.  I gave my verbal support to another member on a different Agoracom.com Hub, unrelated to this one, and as a result I was given many poor ratings by other members and so my rating may never be above the 3.0 required to go up to the "Vice President" level... at least that is my view of what happened, but the actual situation may be far different from my own view. 

At any rate, Agoracom.com does give each member the right to rate every other member and also the right to change their rating if their opinion changes.  Those numbers are averaged and it is that average rating that is part of the formula that is used to determine the individual member's "Level".  You have always been non controversial so I would expect your climb up the ladder to be swift should you decide to post more here on Agoracom.com and the same rapid increase in privileges is open to any other member who achieves the respect of his or her fellow members on this Hub.  In a nutshell, that is how it works.

As to the future of LAC, it is nothing new for LAC investors to see bumps in the road.  Recognition of the fact that not everything is Rosy is important, but all of us who have followed LAC for many years realize the strengths of LAC as well and have good reasons to believe in the ultimate success for LAC as LAC reaches new milestones such as:  the Thacker Pass Definitive Feasibility Study, thee start of Production in 2021 at Cauchari-Olaroz, the increase in world wide Lithium Demand as a greater number of automotive companies switch over to either mostly producing EVs or totally producint Evs, the growth of the Lithium Ion batteries in the market for Energy Storage continues, the growth of Lithium Ion batteries in the worlds of transport by air and water continues to increase and the technology of Lithium Ion batteries progresses further towards solid state lithium batteries and toward more energy and power dense lithium batteries with better anodes and cathodes and the contribution of such things as nanotechnology to lithium battery development.

This race with LAC was never marketed as a Sprint but I would characterize it as morphing from a Mile Run to a 10K and then again morphing into a Half Marathon and finally to a Full Marathon.  The Goal Post has been moved time and time again but we will eventually get there.  Hope to have you post more here and so glad to hear you are safe in Seattle.  All of those who knew you over at the old stomping grounds appreciated your contributions over there and look forward to more of them here.

Kate, you can PM any of the members here if you have further questions about navigating through Agoracom.com   Just use the Send Private Message button and I have no doubt they will respond.  This is a blessing feature we did not have on the other message board.

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply