Free

The Nevada Lawyer published a 2012 piece about Judge Du when she became a U.S. District Judge and in the article the following exerpt is interesting:

"In the coming years, Du says she intends to become efficient and concise on the bench. She hopes she can quickly and effectively find just resolution for those appearing before her. She says she doesn’t want to forget what it is like for the litigants and wants to make sure the rules in place are clear to all parties so there are no surprises. She hopes those litigants will keep the limitations of her job in mind as well. “I thoroughly enjoy the work,” she explained. “And, understanding the challenges with caseloads, I ask for patience.”

Let us hope that she still is committed to "quickly and effectively find just resolution for those appering before her" and that the final decision on Thacker Pass won't be one of a repeated movement of the Goal Post down the road to accompany the Can being kicked in that direction.  However, that doesn't mean I am not concerned about the content of her final decision.  There is no guaranty that she will decide in favor of LAC.  Hopefully today's $3 plus slide down the banana peel for the share price of LAC is not reflective of a negative decision on her part that just hasn't been reported by the news media yet!  I suspect that she has not made her decision yet as it seems to be too early according to information provided here by other members of this Hub regarding the legal situation for LAC.

Anyway, the Nevada Lawyer article, old as it is, may provide just a little insight on Judge Du and she is the central character in this legal Soap Opera of Thacker Pass:

https://www.nvbar.org/wp-content/uploads/NevLawyer_Oct._2012_NewJudges-1.pdf

New Message
Please login to post a reply