Commercialized a highly effective skin cancer scanning device

Used for over 12 years and supported by more than 15 published clinical studies

Sponsored

Let's see if I can unpack your message and address your concerns. I understand that you have been a shareholder for years so I understand your frustration. MedX was a turnaround and as such had a lot of work to do in order to restore shareholder's confidence. Turnarounds that are deeply underfunded take time and that is just a reality. MedX has two divisions a laser division which is a commodity business in terms of pricing. It is a one-and-done product sale. So it has low margins and takes a lot of human resources to maintain. The good news was it was able to provide some cash flow while we sorted out the Dermatological business. 

The Dermatology business was where management determined the future of MedX resided. The management team had early success in Norway and England with the SIAscope taking patient scans at the Boots pharmacies. The problem was we did not own the telemedicine platform. We had to develop our own telemedicine platform so that we could be scalable, unfortunately this took a year to build the most robust telemedicine platform designed by Dermatologists for Dermatologists.

MedX now has a fully scalable, SaaS model that can be deployed globally as evidenced by our contracts in Brazil and as of today Mexico. You can expect we are expanding globally and each contract has a built-in performance clause to ensure our success. 

As for the COVID 19 comment that was driven by the auditors. We have our financial books in very good order the issue with most companies is the bandwidth with the auditors. They could not visit the facilities and every document had to be scanned and forwarded. That is why the exception was granted by the OSC for filing, it was not an excuse for the financials it was merely the reality.

I hope this is useful.

New Message
Please login to post a reply