Commercialized a highly effective skin cancer scanning device

Used for over 12 years and supported by more than 15 published clinical studies

Sponsored

Thank you for your CEO  question. I was brought into MedX to execute on the turn-around. I was responsible for bringing Robert von der Porten in as the President and CEO initially. Robert and I have worked together in the past and have very complementary skill sets. When Scott joined Robert moved to the Chairman position but Robert is and has remained deeply connected and involved in MedX so when Scott left because of a pressing family issue it made sense for Robert to come back as CEO.

So why wasn't I considered for the role? I was and declined, I am responsible for all of the SIAscopy on DermSecure expansion as well as helping with the financing. It is a dream job for me. In my time I have been able to build a world-class Medical Advisory Board, understand the issues and problems with the current teledermatology offerings ( the competition) and oversee based on the input from the best thought leaders in the Dermatology space the now scalable SIAscopy on DermSecure telemedicine platform. I have opened up Brazil and Mexico and am working on a number of other large scale countries and pharmacies. I have just recruited 2 additional senior sales executives to help me with the execution of all the projects we have on the go. So my plate is full. Moving to the CEO position would take me away from the frontline where I am most effective and having me oversee regulatory, production, office administration and financial reporting. Robert is far more equipped for this role as I am much better at channel strategy and sales execution. 

Sorry for the long-winded explanation but I think the question deserves a proper response.

So, for now, Scott's departure will have zero effect on our day to day operations and we will take our time finding the right person to take MedX to the next level. I hope this is useful.

Mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply