Welcome To The MagIndustries HUB On AGORACOM

Free

Re: Another good day...technical thoughts

posted on Jan 09, 2010 09:46PM

I think small caps are far more news driven than technically driven (most will agree?), however, I like to look for chart patterns too. What I see (I am a complete amature!):

MAA is in a short term (6 trading sessions) pennant formation. Once we come to the point of the pennant, can expect to see a break up or down ( I know, that sounds obvious). MAA was in a long term pennant from mid Sept to late Nov when it broke significantly lower. The upper limits of the current trading range (reisistance) is approximately the previous support line from the Sept to Nov trend line. Hence, if it broke higher in the next couple wks, I think the next major tech resistance is around the high .50s (not much higher) then again in the high 60's. If it breaks lower, there should be support around .46, but a bit of a gap below until the mid .30's. Hope we don't see that!

As I said before, I am a complete amature, consult an investment proffesional before making financial decisions, past performance is no guarantee of future performance, yada yada....

New Message
Please login to post a reply