Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
CH. I have to admit that when I said its "go time" at $1.90 it was not based on any charting but my belief that it was a low risk entry point. The company had just finished its Oct. 2012 funding, dilution and the price consequences of the dilution had taken place and the all you could lose was $1.90 per share and you had the CEO,putting up $1 billion. To me, those factors made MNKD a compelling buy at $1.90. As to charting, sometimes certain patterns can be highly predictive. In this case, the binary event is already known and the marketplace on a daily basis is evaluating and processing the value of the binary event, using some kind of discounting mechanism. This shows up on the chart. As to what the binary event is ultimately worth, no chartist can make that prediction. Being a bean counter a heart, I use fundamental analysis to determine whether to invest in a stock. However I use charting, particularly trendline analysis, to confirm that my fundamental analysis is correct. I'm a believer that the "trend is your friend", so I'm usually adding to my position when downtrend lines are broken to the upside, and reducing my positions when longer term uptrend lines are broken to the downside. As to MNKD, I'm hanging in there with Al. I know of no better way to determine when to sell.
New Message
Please login to post a reply