Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

"Forty-six percent of the emergency room visits resulted from a failure to eat after injecting insulin,"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al:

Yet based on decades of battling these challenges of conventional insulin therapy, some physicians have questioned my suggestion. Therefore, I proposed a meal escalation study in which patients would take a fixed dose of AFRESA and then a series of meal challenges. Our clinical team designed a protocol to set a standard meal with 50 g of carbohydrates. That was the 100% challenge. This was followed by challenges at 200%, 50% and zero percent. When I heard of zero I was shocked. Surely there would be severe hypo.

The remarkable thing was that with the regular prescribed dose of AFRESA regardless of carbohydrate intake between zero and 100 grams the range of excursion is only plus or minus 30-35 mg [reduction] from baseline for all of the Type II patients in the study. At the ASDA meeting I described to Dr. [Jay Skyler] the finding that in Type II diabetes with a fixed dose of AFRESA and even with no food there is excellent control without hypo risk.

New Message
Please login to post a reply