Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

It's not a perfect overlay, as the '06 slide, while large, was nothing compared to the one Saturday

http://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/2014/03/26/a290b912-cff4-4ad4-9880-0ad7c753f82b/6c5a5eba82ee097d960a6ca16d0ae5fb/mudslide-beforeafter-animated.gif

I began fishing the Stilly in '92.. and that particular stretch I fished religeously for years.. In order to access that section of river you either had to walk a mile up river or down river.. if you attempted the shortcut by going up the Steelhead Drive Leon would chase you out brandishing a bottle in one hand and a hand canon in the other... I caught and released my first large steelhead in '93 right beneath the then highbank in the bucket affectionately called Leon's.. In January 2006 that highbank and additional tens of thousands of cubic yards would slide and move the river some 200 ft... In the summer of 2006 more new houses were built right there...

Where to donate

• Red Cross: If you wish to help victims of the Oso mudslide, cash donations are preferred. The American Red Cross is no longer collecting items. Go to the Red Cross of Snohomish County atwww.redcross.org/snoco to donate. People also can text "RedCross" to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
  • United Way has established a community-wide recovery fund to assist those affected by the mudslide. Information on how to donate is at www.uwsc.org. Checks may be sent to: United Way of Snohomish County, Attn: Finance Dept., 3120 McDougall Ave., Ste. 200, Everett, WA 98201.
  • The Salvation Army is collecting donations for local disaster relief efforts. Donate by phone at 800-725-2769, online atwww.salvationarmynw.org or by mail to the Salvation Army, Northwest Divisional Headquarters, 111 Queen Anne Avenue N. #300, Seattle, WA, 98109. Designate your gift as "disaster relief."
  • The Cascade Valley Hospital Foundation is a local organization that is giving 100 percent of donations directly to those affected. The Cascade Valley Hospital in Arlington treated several victims in the aftermath of the mudslide. Donate at this site or by phone at 360-435-2133, ext. 7805. You can drop off/mail donations to 330 S. Stillaguamish Ave. in Arlington or donate to the fund through an account at any Union Bank.
  • The Coastal Community Bank is accepting donations for slide victims at all branches: Darrington, Camano Island, Everett, Monroe, Stanwood, Sultan, Silver Lake, Smokey Point, Snohomish and Whidbey Island.
New Message
Please login to post a reply