Welcome To The Nemaska Lithium Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

Your Next Canadian LITHIUM Supplier

Free
Message: Nemaska Lithium Says Construction Of $875 Mln Whabouchi Mine And Processing Plant On Track

2018-11-19 01:12:49 PM ET (MT Newswires)

01:12 PM EST, 11/19/2018 (MT Newswires) -- Nemaska Lithium (NMX.TO) on Monday said construction of its $875 million Whabouchi mine and electrochemical plant in Shawinigan, Quebec, is proceeding on track, saying it expects to begin production of lithium concentrates from the facilities in the in the second half of 2019 and lithium sales in the second half of 2020.

The company said it has so far spent $315.9 million on the project and did not expect winter weather to interfere with its schedule.

"We fast tracked the pouring as much as possible of the concrete at the mine site and were able to complete most of it prior to the freezing," chief executive Guy Bourassa said in a statement. "Naturally, the execution calendar takes into consideration the winter conditions. In addition, construction is moving ahead inside the concentrator building and we will be able to start installing equipment as it arrives at site."

The company's shares were last seen at $0.83 on the Toronto Stock Exchange, trading during the session between $0.80 and $0.85.

Price: 0.82, Change: +0.02, Percent Change: +2.50

New Message
Please login to post a reply