Nevsun Resources Ltd

Growing high grade, low cost Gold producer - projects in Eritrea, East Africa

Free

Nevsun Resources Ltd.: Bisha Update

posted on Jan 21, 2010 06:01PM

Nevsun Resources Ltd.: Bisha Update

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 21, 2010) - Nevsun Resources Ltd. (TSX:NSU)(NYSE Amex:NSU) is pleased to provide an update on its gold/copper/zinc project in Eritrea.

Highlights

• Bisha project approaches overall 50% completion
  • Mine analyst tour in late January

Bisha Development Activity Update

The construction of the Bisha mine is progressing well and is overall approaching fifty percent (50%) completion. Pictures of construction progress can be found on our Nevsun web site at http://www.nevsun.com/properties/photo_gallery/.

The Company announced in December the milestone delivery of the mills and is preparing for their installation. Procurement is approximately 90% complete.

In the past month Bisha management and its EPCM contractor have carried out a comprehensive review of cost to complete the project. The preproduction capital cost of the project, including contingency, has been re-evaluated to be approximately $260 million, as compared to the original budget of approximately $250 million.

A mine analyst tour is scheduled to visit the mine site at the end of January.

State Support

Nevsun has been operating in Eritrea for over ten years and has developed a very good relationship with the Eritrean government. The State has been a strong supporter of a responsible mining industry within the country, is a partner in the development of the Bisha mine and has honored all of its commitments in our business arrangement. Nevsun is very pleased to have the State as its partner.

New Message
Please login to post a reply