Junior mining company active in the acquisition, exploration and development of resource properties in Newfoundland (Gold) and Labrador (Uranium)

Gold PRODUCER (40% JV): 240,000 oz Au deposit + expansion potential; 16 MILLION shares of PXR-v

Free

Pine Cove Mine - Site Visit (Marbob1 on SH)

posted on Jun 13, 2008 04:05AM

Thanks to Marbob1 on SH for this GREAT post/update. Hope he/she does not mind me posting this here. Sounds like everything moving along nicely. RE: Mining Conference in Baie Verte this weekend (agenda below)... should get some great local publicity... all the big players there NIS, ANX, and CRU... plus govn't officials and others. Update from anyone attending would be appreciated.

http://www.vocm.com/news-info.asp?id...

red911

Posted by Marbob1 on SH:

Just got back from touring Pine Cove mine.....management welcomes visitors with open arms. Plant facilities looks great. There is a stock pile of crushed rock/ore at the facility being processed and the plant is operating 24 hours a day. The plant had a few startup up problems but are now all ironed out. It is confirmed that the plant is operating at a capacity of 500 tpd and gold is being produced. Management is bubbling with delight as gold bars are being formed.

I also found out that there is a Annual Mining Conference being held in the Baie Verte area this weekend....see attachment below. The local hotel confirmed that Harold Wareham will be attending....he does have hotel reservations. Anaconda will be making a presentation and given an update on Pine Cove mine ....and will be displaying a number of its large gold bars.

On a negative note, the grand opening date has been postponed from mid june to the first week of September due to scheduling problems with people...mainly because of summer vacations by the politicians and head management of ANX and NIS.

All investors in the area should that a tour of the mine. It is quite impressive.

Got to love it.

M1

AGENDA

21st Annual Mining Conference
Baie Verte

7:30 p.m. OPENING DINNER

Sponsor: Rambler Metals and Mining/ Scotiabank
NL Chamber of Minerals / Jacques Whitford

Guest Speaker: Hon. Kathy Dunderdale
Minister of Natural Resources

Comments: Shannon Lewis, Chair of Baie Verte & Area
Chamber of Commerce

9:30 p.m. HOSPITALITY SUITE (Baie Vista Inn)
Compliments: ITT Flygt & Western Pumps

Saturday, June 14th, 2008

7:30 – 9:00 a.m. BREAKFAST

Fiddler’s Green Dining Room
Baie Vista Inn

Traditional Buffet Breakfast
Compliments: Crew Gold (Canada) Inc.

PAPER PRESENTATION – KIN CENTER

9:30 -9:50 a.m. Department of Natural Resources
Alex Smith, Rehabilitation BV Mine & Rambler Properties

9:55 – 10:15a.m. Teck Cominco/ Duck Pond Operations
To Be Announced

10:15 – 11:00 a.m. COFFEE BREAK / BOOTH’S
Compliments: Barker’s Construction & Guy J. Bailey

11:00 – 11:20 a.m.Crew Gold (Canada) Inc.
Jamie Bounds/Wallace Pinksen
From Greenland to Gold

11:25 – 11:45 a.m. Geological Survey Canada
Sebastien Castonguay
Revisiting the Geology of the Baie Verte Peninsula

11:50 – 12:10 p.m. College of the North Atlantic
Sharon McLennon / Linus Doyle
Customized Training for Mining and Related Industries

12:30 – 2:00 p.m. Lunch: Catered by Samy’s Restaurant
Entertainment by: Children’s Choir

2:00 – 2:20 p.m. Rambler Metals & Mining Canada Ltd.
George Ogilvie - General Overview

2:25 – 2:45 p.m. Anaconda Mining Inc.
Allan Cramm – Pine Cove Project

New Message
Please login to post a reply