HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

An AGM Perspective

posted on Oct 30, 2007 07:13PM

I was at the AGM this morning, and had the pleasure of meeting a number of you, including KTN, Goldilocks and George from Agoracom.

I asked two questions to clarify matters concerning the revocation of the permit at WF, and the expectations of the next drill results as presented by Mike White at IBK.

Gotta tell you, I was impressed with the open manner in which both of these matters were addressed. This company, it's directors, VP's, consultants and finaciers  present as open, forthright, and prepared to answer questions which others might shy away from.

Frankly, this was a bit of a personal test, to see how they would respond. They passed my little test, handily.

It was a strange sensation to hear such a positive presentation, and to be surrounded by shareholders and representatives from significant brokerages who seemed positively giddy, while checking my IPAQ and seeing the stock price tank. I certainly was not the only one in the room watching the presentation with one eye on the stockprice.

Here's the amazing part. No body seemed to be the least bit concerned. Everybody was hungrily gobbling up the most recent data, and nodding enthusiastically about the future.

Nobody brought up the FP article (more on this later). It was clear that like me, they saw this as an irrelevant short term irritation, but nothing that would, or could, have a lasting negative effect.

Richard Nemis, as expected, spoke from the gut and the heart. He is not a polished, slick presenter, but somebody who clearly got to where he is by dedication, hard work, and street savy. Compared to Michael White, basically as slick as they come, Richard looked like everybodys favourite, if somewhat bumbling, great uncle.

But he was clearly the star of this show. When he spoke, you could literally hear a pin drop. He spoke about increasing shareholder value, and that being his primary goal. He spoke of a janitor (in Sudbury I believe), a man of humble means, who had scrapped his nickles together (back when you could buy this stock for a nickle!) and had over time accumulated 100,000 shares. This man sold his shares at $7.00, and as Richard pointed out, with obvious affection, that man's retirement years were now secured.

That was an important story to hear, as it highlights that Richard's pleasure comes from the knowledge that his shareholders have prospered, and perhaps, have had their lives changed because of his little company.

As a litigation lawyer, I can tell you that sentimentality does not figure large in my world. My advice to clients must be based on hard reality and likely outcomes based on compelling evidence, not emotion.

But this man Nemis is really something different; something quite special. The way this company has progressed over the years, has matured, and has been slowly revealed to the public, reflects that special quality.

The people around him, John Harvey, Neil Novack and others, clearly have a great deal of respect for him and from what I could see, affection. I did not know, prior to today, that Neil had in fact packaged the Burnt Hill property back in early 2001 (?) and presented the property to Richard to become part of the Noront portfolio of properties. This is pretty interesting because there wasn't much happening with Noront back then. But there was Richard Nemis.

I had the opportunity to speak with Richard both before and after the AGM. I asked him about the FP article and whether he thought it had done damage to the stock price. He said he believed that it may have. I gave him my card, and offered my services in the event that he wished to fire a warning shot across the bow of the FP. I will do this pro bono.

With all the action in recent weeks, the AGM, the media involvement, the growing global awareness of our little company, Richard took the time to tell me that I should "stay in touch" with him, and "call me any time".

I can't really tell you about the appropriate valuation of this stock like others on this Board have alluded to. It still seems pretty early to be making those types of calculations when we are really just beginnig the detailed exploration of over 416 sq km of land (on this one property). I just don't see the point unless you are ready to move on to other ventures.

But I can tell you my view on the value of the team we have leading us. Priceless.

And that folks is why I will shrug off any drop in share price, and let the drills, and our fearless leader, tell the tale.

Hope that helps.

Wake me at $20.00.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

crazydik

New Message
Please login to post a reply