HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Assay turn-around time

posted on Aug 27, 2009 06:38PM

There was some discussion on turn-around times of assays.

Old Joe said:

Thus, anything over two weeks from completion od drilling any given Hole to Reporting Assay Results is purely a Corporate Matter!

Glorieux said:

Wes did indicate to me that hole 49 assays came back in 6 weeks with him pushing very hard. He will not be pushing like this for these new sets of assays so I believe we will see a turn around time closer to 10 weeks from drill to NR.

We know, that the time scale depends on various factors:

1. Lab capacity - shouldn´t be a problem at the moment

2. Rush Assays - Noront didn´t pay extra for that on latest assays

3. Number of assays / lenght of core - if you log a 1000m core it obviously takes longer to assay than a 200m core (because of more number of batches)

4. used assay suites - depending on assaying for which mineral, it takes different lenght of time (e.g. cromite assays or PGE suite assays usually take longer than nickel or copper assays) due to different analyzing techniques being applied

5. Re-assaying - if certain grade limits of assay results have been exceeded than another analysis will follow taking extra time (shouldn´t be longer than the initial assaying process)

5. Preparing of NR - this is the quirky part, because I understand that more assays need more time to include in a NR (verification, wording and double-check process), but should it really take more than a week to prepare any sort of NR and get it authorised by TSX ?

So, if we take all that into account and see the latest turn-around time frame of a RoF company, I come to the conclusion that we should see NOTHING IN EXTEND OF 9 WEEKS (from drilling to NR) at the moment.

Example: PRB (chromite results, which usually take longer compared to nickel assays)

Announcement of drilling start: June 23

NR with assay results: August 27

Time frame: 9 weeks (no rush assays)

FANTOMAS

New Message
Please login to post a reply