HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

I think a lot of the posts under this subject line have merit & could/are all part of the plan for NOT!

The one comment that caught my attention & made me want to respond was the “Still, if another location of 30 meters...”.

I feel the potential of only getting 30m of 2%+ is extremely slim in drilling from 1100m to below 2000m. I took a few excerpts of past NR’s & post to support my thoughts…

TORONTO, June 3 /CNW/ - Noront Resources Ltd

HIGHLIGHTS:

-----------

- NOT-10-081 intersected 157.0 metres averaging 2.6% Ni, 1.6% Cu, 1.7

gpt Pt and 4.2 gpt Pd;

including 19.0 metres averaging 6.6% Ni, 2.7% Cu, 0.8 gpt Pt, 7.3

gpt Pd and 1.1 gpt Au;

and 4.3 metres averaging 0.2% Ni, 0.4% Cu, 10.5 gpt Pt and 2.3 gpt

Pd;

and 5.5 metres averaging 7.8% Ni, 2.0% Cu, 0.2 gpt Pt and 7.9 gpt

Infill drilling about 1100m... Some think it came from below???

James E. Mungall

Consultant

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 13, 2007) - Noront Resources Ltd

- Geological Consultant Jim Mungall, Ph.D. Associate Professor from University of Toronto, who is now consulting exclusively for Noront, under an agreement and pursuant to which, has been granted a 50,000 share stock option exercisable at $4.86, visited project area in November, states: "If the less than peridotite greater than intrusion is accepted to be a conduit less than from a large intrusion greater than then it must be continuous over considerable distances likely measurable in kilometers. Since diamond drilling has shown that it is surrounded on all sides by older felsic intrusive rocks at surface, logic dictates that it must continue at depth

TORONTO, December 10 2009 - Noront Resources Ltd

Furthermore, work by Dr. James Mungall suggests that the Ring of Fire deposits are emplaced as a single magmatic event. If this is indeed the case, the exploration potential of the Ring of Fire is significantly enhanced.

In addition, the Company continues to fund ongoing research by Dr James Mungall and his students at the University of Toronto to assist the Company in clarifying and understanding the geological setting and structure of the Eagle's Nest, Blackbird, and Thunderbird deposits. Recently acquired geochronological and lithogeochemical data now provide strong evidence to show that these deposits were formed as part of a single magmatic event of regional extent which also was responsible for the formation of the McFauld's Lake VMS deposits and for the intrusion of similar ultramafic and mafic bodies around the entire extent of the Ring of Fire.

& I’ll steel & re-post from the hoov (highly respected in IMO) for the PGP’s….

Re: My favorite part of NR

in response to My favorite part of NR by NevilleD

posted on May 13, 10 07:53PM Use the IP Check tool [?]

I'm in complete agreement, that is the best part of the NR: " At this stage it appears that the high grade platinum and associated platinum group elements are coincident with and likely controlled by an extensive structure which is steeply dipping and intersects the Eagle's Nest deposit."

That indicates to me that they anticipate that their are two distinct types of PGE deposits. The first is the PGE dissolved in the sulphides. The other is the secondary deposit, i.e. remobilized PGE.

Immediately after the site visit, I recounted the following, from a discussion I had with Jim Atkinson. "I spoke for a good while with Jim Atkinson about the PGEs. He was particularly excited about the visible sperrylite (platinum arsenide) crystals visible in some of the core (70W2?) <Note: It was actually 70W1>. The platinum crystals were secondary (remobilized) deposits, and the hope is that there is a rich source nearby. I'm sure that's one of the prospective drivers for the deep drill program at Eagle's Nest. He also commented that the average PGE grade at Eagle's Nest is better than that of Magma Metals, which is billed as a PGE play. (I did not verify that assertion, however.)<Note: Noront's grades are: "6.9 million tonnes grading 2.04% Ni, 0.95% Cu, 1.3 gpt Pt and 3.4 gpt Pd" whereas Magma's are: "average 3.8g/t Pt+Pd+Au, 0.2% Ni & 0.4% Cu">

Okay, so what I'm understanding here is that they believe that there is a separate body which is extremely PGE enriched ('extensive structure which....intersects Eagle's Nest'), which deposited remobilized PGE metals (e.g. platinum arsenide, as sperrylite) adjacent to and coincident with the Eagle's Nest sulphides. So, it could conceivable have its own distinct ore, a distinct deposit style, a distinct geometry, with extremely high value per tonne.

Lar

Sooooo….

For these reasons, & I admit “I’m NOT a big thinker, but I am think ‘in there is a lot more than 30m down there, of precious & base metals with NOT’s name on it & of course SH too!

Try ‘in to be positive!

CH.

=o)

PS. Looks like NOT started the agreements with FN. back in Sept. 2009.

Noront Resources and Marten Falls First Nation enter negotiations for exploration agreement and partnerships PR Newswire | Wednesday September 23, 2009.

New Message
Please login to post a reply