HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

The recent PA announced power coming from Webequie. Originally planned for a 1 Megawatt plant. I wonder if they have upgraded to a 2.5 MW plant? See news story from earlier this year.

http://www.wawataynews.ca/archive/all/2010/2/26/Webequie-gets-new-diesel-station_19280

Researching the power consumption needed to operate a surface mine, I find the figures below:

Total Electricity Consumption – Conventional Mining/Milling

Total electricity consumption is shown in Figure 11 for the eight conventional mining/milling operations. These companies reported electrical consumption for powering mining machines, hoisting, conveying, ventilation, lighting, dewatering, mill operations, tailings management and office/administration facilities. The range in the data and the difference between the highest and lowest consumption levels are summarized below.

Average
(kWh/tonne)
High
(kWh/tonne)
Low
(kWh/tonne)
Low:High
(percent)
155 92 59

Underground usage rates are substantially less. Picture below of building being erected in Webequie.

Webequie Diesel Generating Station

Looks like an awful big building for a 1Megawatt plant, eh?

mynot

New Message
Please login to post a reply