HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Hello.

My name is Crazydik, and I am a Noront addict.

“Hello, Crazydik!”

Some of you fellow addicts may recall me from days long past. From a time when the mining blogoshere was marked by the mania of unbelievable, if somewhat brief, highs and crushing, lasting, seemingly bottomless, lows.

When Noront was run by a humble past lawyer named Richard Nemis, who took a tiny penny stock company, and brought it to world view, by grasping the brass (actually nickel) ring in a desolate stretch of marshy scrubland in the James Bay lowlands.

I remember that day when the first core sample, rich with pentlandite, was drilled out of the muskeg. I remember holding that drill sample in my hands at the AGM that year, as Richard took the podium to an explosion of applause , where he stood quietly, thoughtfully acknowledging the praise well earned.

I recall being proud and happy and feeling blessed that I would have a small part in the development of the next major mining camp in Canada. That I could claim a modest interest in land so massively rich in natural resources as to cast a lasting shadow over Sudbury. An area that would change the future of Canada. A project that would go down in the history books.

It wasn’t just about the money, although don’t get me wrong... :)

It was about being part of something exciting and meaningful and bigger than myself. And it was about being part of this family of investors, willing to assume that type of risk. I felt like a pioneer.

Thus the addiction.

Anyway, forgive the self indulgence of a trip down memory lane. That was then, and this is now. We, as a somewhat dysfunctional family, have survived much in the interim years dealing with changes in management, the government, the Natives. But we have made progress, damn slow progress :), but progress none-the-less.

And as I look at who continues to post, I am moved by the tenacity of this group. We have weathered much, but as a group of crazy (but dedicated) investors, we have persevered. And we will succeed.

Who would have thought?

That said, we should celebrate the fact that we are still here, and have largely stuck together.

Stratopod has been selflessly providing an opportunity for the old timers and the newbies to come together once a year to play some golf , eat some great food, listen to a smashingly good band, DRINK!, but mostly share information and reminisce.

His efforts at keeping the family together are appreciated and should be recognized.

This year, as you know, the ROF Classic will be on Saturday night. It's too late for golf (which is a good thing for me, you don't want to be around me with a club in my hands!, but it would be great to see you there for dinner. These opportunities are too few (ESPECIALLY NOW THAT WE HAVE NO PM, GEORGE...GEORGE, CAN YA HEAR ME GEORGE???? :))

I will set my alarm clock for this occasion.

Hope to see you all there.

Until then,

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Wake me up at....well, you know....

crazydik

New Message
Please login to post a reply