HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Sarah Campbell to leave politics; Greg Rickford to run in Kenora - Rainy River

ROF as an election issue should be helpful to spread knowledge of the project...

======================================

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/rickford-kenora-rainy-river-2018-1.4411133

Greg Rickford, the former Conservative MP for the Kenora riding, hopes to paint the riding Tory blue, something that hasn't been done since 1985, when Leo Bernier represented the area.

Greg Rickford will carry the Ontario PC Party banner in the Kenora - Rainy River riding in the 2018 election. (Martine Laberge/CBC)

"I can tell you right now there's a palpable desire for change up here. We feel that the Liberals provincially are indifferent to us out here. We've seen a dramatic drop-off in investment," said Rickford.

"And I happen to have the kind of experience that I think will make the difference for folks up here."

A contentious issue for the provincial government has been the development of the Ring of Fire. Rickford said he would not comment on the mining development until he has resigned his seat on Noront Resource's Board of Directors. Rickford said he has informed the board he will be leaving.

During a 20-minute conference call, Rickford highlighted infrastructure as one of his key election priorities.

"In the last couple of years, particularly in the past few months and even the last couple of weeks, as this prospect has surfaced, mayors and councillors have talked about a need to improve our highways, we have a highway twinning that has not started that I announced seven years ago. The province has not moved on this project."

New Message
Please login to post a reply