HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Tinman,

Yes, there seems to be a note of "sour grapes" from Mushkegowuk with the Chiefs latest comments.

There is a history here with Mushkegowuk and the province and feds going back to 2015. 

In my opinion, the governments inaction on several fronts is further cause to the grumbling, but especially on the "Rail file".

By this I mean who will get the rail play.  At present we have Mushkegowuk with the transmission line proposal and a partner in TGR for rail line into the ROF.  A solid business model for them with financial backers.  A giant slice of the pizza if they get both plays, again if it came to fruition.

Then we have lobbying from ONTC and their business model and proposals to haul chromite from the ROF (or at least from the proposed Timmins smelter location) to the south connecting with the CNR (Nakina).

Both of these are old issues now going back to 2015.  The government fumbles the rail file along and perhaps those in government that had showed "interest" or even made promises at one time to either of the proponents, are no longer employed. 

Money talks, bs walks.  Rickford has his hands full with Northern development but they may be tied behind his back soon, if the rail component is not a shareable commodity with the area FN, they may insist any rail projects have FN partnerships.  It could be the Mushkegowuk partner with Matawa to control the freight rail south to Nakina via Marten Falls FN.  And Ontario Northland hauls it from Nakina to further points south.  Keeping both parties, "in the money".

We've seen the articles on Ontario Northlands interest in the ROF posted here on the board a few times, I've posted on it myself.

See links related below to where the friction with Mushkegowuk, in all likelihood is stemming from.

Deal Looming 2015

http://www.netnewsledger.com/2015/01/24/ring-of-fire-deal-looming-between-feds-and-mushkegowuk-council/

Choo Choo!

mynot

New Message
Please login to post a reply