HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Ringer, where do I start?

Folks like Moonias who brazenly brought 27 reserve members to the 2hr Ryerson event (I guess they needed people in the audience?), are upset because after YEARS of funding ..the gravy train has run dry.

How much did it cost to bring over so many and factor in accommodations , meals and expenses? Was this a good use of money?

The donation portion was mentioned right away along  with “credit cards would also be accepted.”

‘We are disappointed that Ontario’s new government has terminated their negotiator and temporarily suspending funding. This will slow the process of reaching agreement and potentially delay future developments in the Ring of Fire. However, we remain committed to the process and the principles already agreed” said Wayne Moonias, Chief of the Neskantaga First Nation.

The money ended in Oct. after  YEARS of ..funding.

I guess “new Gov’t” means Moonias and Atlookan expected the consultations to start all over again??

And the amount the Federal Gov’t spent  for the Ring of Fire initiative on top of that from 2010 is unbelievable!

Yes, the gravy train ended and how timely that the chiefs of these two reserves come out to complain…exactly when the gravy ran out.

Ringer, to me, the most glaring thing is that these 2 disgruntled chiefs keep  currently harping on this document back in 2011. Link Below.

http://www.matawa.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Mamow-Wecheekapawetahteewiin-Unity-Declaration-Signed-July-13-2011.pdf

But, they conveniently do not talk about this framework agreement signed in 2014

Here is the  link to the framework agreement they signed in 2014. Thirteen pages.

https://www.mndm.gov.on.ca/sites/default/files/rof_regional_framework_agreement_2014.pdf

“And Whereas the Parties acknowledge that Ontario has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with Marten Falls First Nation and a Memorandum of Cooperation (“MOC”) with Webequie, related to mineral exploration and development activities, and that entering into this Regional Framework does not alter or modify Ontario’s commitments in the MOU and MOC respectively, to which Ontario remains firmly committed, and to which it will give a continuing priority in its direct discussions with Marten Falls First Nation and Webequie First Nation;”

During the Ryerson meeting this was said:

Chief Atlookan, “By ignoring the voices of our people, and secretly working to impact the rights of our members, Ontario is not only frustrating a process that we established as Treaty” partners, they are now creating unnecessary legal risk for the Ring of Fire projects and access roads. 

Both Chiefs complain of secret meetings with Marten Falls and Webequie, but they conveniently forget or do not understand the meaning of “continuing priority of Direct discussions with Marten Falls and Webequie” which is in the 2014 agreement …that they …..SIGNED.

And conveniently, this is being broadcasted by the pair of Chief complainers:

“Despite the Ford government’s suspension of the Regional Framework Agreement negotiations, these two First Nations are inviting the Premier to visit their communities and reaffirm Ontario’s commitment to the common principles and objectives in the 2011 Unity Declaration, signed by all nine Matawa Chiefs

How funny that they omitted  mentioning the 2014 MOU signed during this Ryerson complainfest.

Perhaps these two chiefs need to go back to a more current year of 2014 to see  page 9 of 13 in the MOU they signed.

4.” Termination This Regional Framework may be terminated:

(i) by mutual consent of the Parties; or

(ii) upon the expiry of 90 days of the First Nations giving notice to Ontario or Ontario giving notice to the First Nations."

================================================

All of the ROF claims reside on the traditional lands of Marten Falls.

Marten Falls is busy moving forward along with Webequie. I am sure their members are optimistic about their futures.

Eabametoong and Neskantaga can stay exactly the way they are, remote with no job opportunities..and explain the "why" to their members.

The connections to a road were offered and their participation was generously  funded.

The 2014 MOU signed by these chiefs was clear in  that the gravy train can be terminated.

I’m not going to address other clauses in the 2014 that shoot holes in the 2 complaining  chiefs current other arguments. The thirteen pages they signed are quite clear…which is why they refer to what was signed in 2011…and keep quiet about this MOU from 2014.

New Message
Please login to post a reply