HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Mynot,

From what I understand from the link you posted is this:

The gov't wants to SHORTEN the timelines for approval and and giving out funding for participation on coming up with a streamlined approach.

It's mentioned that until this new approval system comes into place the old system will remain.

As I mentioned before,  noront's EA is grossly overdue even when looking at the Old system.

You mention "will be handing out additional assistance to make sure they get that "free" prior and well informed consent through this new program"

According to what I read, it is written that the "aim" is to get free prior and well informed consent.

Aiming and making sure and two different things.

Trudeau has already stated that not "everyone will agree" when a decision is made.

He pointed out not everyone voted for him. Same for the chief of the AFN.

In the case of Noront we have Webequie and Marten falls on board (and the deposit sits in the traditional lands of Marten Falls).

Years of funding and accomodation took place. Noront consulted from the beginning and even won a PDAC award for social responsibility.

Mynot on another note in regards to your question of "who gets the "funding" to participate? Like other funding there will be a board.

But of interest, it is the auditor that will be the one to look at.

A FN band can get funding and claim it is for a certain purpose..but who looks at the receipts...

Where is the transparency?

New Message
Please login to post a reply