HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Folks, let me give you a word of advice. If you see something interesting....start..printing it, saving the whole story not just the link.

I was looking for a particular link today and it was the 2nd link this week that I was looking for that had....disappeared.

Luckily I posted the verbage on agora and not just the link so I can refer back to it today in this post.

The disappeared link is :

https://www.country1053.ca/news/376760124/economic-development-commission-gets-support-smelter

When you click on the above link you will get:

404 NOT FOUND
Sorry, an error has occurred! The page you requested appears to be unplugged and cannot be found. Please try one of the destinations below instead.
==============================================================================================================

You will see the details of what was in this link in my post below where I compile other chromite history.
Long story short ..The Sault had the support to apply to BUY the smelter on behalf of Noront. This is how much the city wanted the smelter. 
You will see this in my post below from 2017...
==============================================================================================

My post from 2017 below:

There has been some discussion about the value of Noront. Tonight I thought I would just focus on the chromite and remind you folks what Cliffs said when they purchased Freewest Resources.

They came out and said, this acquisition will allow them to increase their revenues by 50% once they were mining.

Their revenues were 1.5 billion dollars a year back then and they were $100.00 usa dollars per share. When the Ontario govt was courting them their market cap was over 12 billion!

http://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/CLF/market-cap/cleveland-cliff-market-cap-history

You can imagine the additional increase to their market cap with an extra 750 million per year...

I have a fairly long post below but I assure you it will get you thinking about the value of the chromite...

I compiled the below for comment.

(1) In May of this year, Noront did a presentation to the Sault Chamber of Commerce.

The link for this presentation is below.

http://www.northernontarioangels.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/NORONT-Presentation-May-10-2017-in-SSM.pdf

=====================================================================

(2) August 21, 2017, Wynne announces a road to the RING of FIRE

=====================================================================

(3)  4 months AFTER the Noront presentation in Sault Ste Marie and 1 month AFTER the Road announcement we got this news: 

The Community Economic Development Corporation now has the support of City Council to apply for funding to buy the equipment.

Commission Gets Support For Smelter

Posted on Monday, September 18, 2017 09:04 AM

“A smelter connected to the Ring of Fire might be coming to the city.

The Community Economic Development Corporation now has the support of City Council to apply for funding to buy the equipment.

It's putting in an application with the province's mining readiness program.

If the CEDC gets the money, the equipment could be used to process minerals extracted from the

Ring of Fire.”

======================================================================

(4)

Below is a presentation by Cliffs in 2013 at the International Ferroalloys Congress in Kazakhstan

http://www.pyrometallurgy.co.za/InfaconXIII/0073-Cramer.pdf

The project will be producing BOTH chromite concentrate and high carbon ferrochrome for sale to international markets

The project is based on an open pit mine producing about 4 million tons of ore per year, 

The facility is designed to produce 560 OOO tons of High Carbon Ferrocbrome (HCFeCr) per year utilising ore only from the captive mine. This will make the Cliffs FPF one of the largest ferrocbrome facilities in the world.

From the IBK presentation:

http://www.ibkcapital.com/capital-market-highlights/base-metals-sector/chromium/

Cliffs has scheduled production to begin in 2016, consisting of four interrelated components. An open pit mine is anticipated to produce roughly 3.7 million tonnes of crude chromite ore annually, with a projected mine life of 30 years.  After preliminary processing at the mine site, 2.3 million tonnes of concentrated ore will be transported south.  In Sudbury, the proposed Capreol smelter is projected to produce 560,000 tonnes of high carbon ferrochrome annually.  As a huge portion of the world’s chromite ore is produced in South Africa, it would appear that Cliffs is taking advantage of producing ferrochrome in a geopolitically safe region such as Ontario, with an abundance of reasonably priced power.

Cliffs Natural Resources, a NYSE-listed iron-ore and coal mining company, has been executing a strategy over the last several years to achieve scale in its mining operations with a focus on serving the world’s largest steel markets.

The company’s objective is to become the sole North American chromite and ferrochrome producer and exporter. Cliff’s completed two transactions in 2010 to solidify its chromite position in the Ring of Fire. The first was the C$250 million acquisition of Freewest Resources for its Black Thor and Black Label chromium projects. The second was the acquisition of Spider Resources for its Big Daddy chromite project for C$130 million.

===============================================================

(5)In the Noront May, 2017 Sault presentation we see the below...

Produce a Ferrochrome product for sale into the US market • Stage 1: Moderate-sized Mine/Smelter development concurrent with Eagle’s Nest (200-280 KT/year of Ferrochrome) – Utilizing the Blackbird Mine Resource – Modest penetration of US market, no scale impact on overall market – Utilizing proximity advantage to US Stainless Steel producers •

Stage 2: Major-scale Mine/Smelter development when the market warrants – Utilizing the Black Thor and/or Big Daddy Resource – Sales into Europe and Asia as well as NA – Stage 2 expansion to 560 KT/year Ferrochrome 

New Message
Please login to post a reply