HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

I have this feeling that Noront's mining and production timelines are going to be receiving a significant boost from our neighbours to the South.  As our good friend  Babjak1 has brought to our attention,  once again, the US under Trump's command has been ordered to seek out domestic sources of the critical metals they need for National Defense and Security.

https://www.usgs.gov/news/trump-administration-announces-strategy-strengthen-americas-economy-defense

Chromite being one of those metals high on their list,....

https://www.usgs.gov/centers/nmic/chromium-statistics-and-information

Quote: .....Chromium (Cr) has a wide range of uses in metals, chemicals, and refractories. It is one of the Nation's most important strategic and critical materials.....

....so finding a domestic source (hint, hint) has been on US radar since the Ring of Fire was first discovered.  Not until Trump's executive Section 232 order has this urgency to secure metals become more apparent.  Especially, with these looming trade disputes between China and other such changes to global supply routes and aggressive politics (ex. Brexit/EU, Russian and Chinese Defensive Posturing, South Africa's own Section 232 Initiatives ....)  The USMCA alliance is crucial to Trump's America under Section 232, so both Canada and Mexico will have no other choice but to listen and cooperate with US demands.

Once the US starts to fast track the permitting, development, and production from it's own mines, both Canada and Mexico will be urged to follow.  We have no other choice.  Saying "NO" would have dire consequences for either country for not yeild to the US's demands.  Everyone knows this, and will do what it takes to avoid this from happening...Again. 

Noront has always been is in a position of great opportunity, but not until recently has their fortunate position looked so clandestined for all these years, but at the same time inevitable. Particularly, because of their Chromite. But, in saying this, so too have many other mining companies (Cameco's uranium, Champion's iron ore, Zenyatta's graphite...the list goes on) and also manufacturing corporations ( Stelco and Algoma).  This is why over the years powers from the US have sought to slowly gain control of Canada and it's resources. 

I believe we are now at that point where once the US passes their newly proposed policies on trade and defense that our Canadian government will be told to "JUMP"....  And jump we will.  Not to say that we haven't been dancing to their tune since day one, but I think this time we know they mean it.  If chromite is one of their top priorities then the US has no doubt been pressuring our levels of government to help Noront get the Eagle's Nest off the ground.  They, the US, I'm sure have a timeline in mind, which judging by how Trump works is sooner, rather than later.  My guess is that once things are in place in the US this year, we (Noront) will be moving from the slow lane to the fast track.

TM.

New Message
Please login to post a reply