HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"
NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)
Message: energy and mines world congress
6 new sponsors and 15 new speakers have recently joined the Energy and Mines World Congress, Dec 2-4 Toronto. Momentum is building for this 7th annual event which is set to attract 400+ attendees from mining operators, renewable energy, mining, finance and government sectors.
This year’s agenda includes a full-day on decarbonizing mine fleets which will greatly increase mine sites’ requirement for zero-carbon energy sources to power diesel-free heavy haulage trucks and underground equipment. Recent additions to the 3-day agenda include:
- Johnny Key, Director, Energy & Power Solutions, Freeport-McMoran
- Amiram Roth-Deblon, Head of Global Business Initiatives, juwi Renewable Energies
- Chris Adachi, Leader, Energy and Carbon Management, Teck Resources
- Mats Eriksson, President, Product Area Load & Haul, Sandvik
- Guilherme Rodrigues, Energy Analyst, Vale
- Stephen Flewelling, Chief Development Officer, Noront Resources
- Sabrina Harbec, Sourcing Leader Procurement, ArcelorMittal
- Clément Faure, Head of Business Development – Mining & Hybrids, Total Eren
- Ron Crawford, Director, Product Management, Komatsu America
- Martin Boucher, Vice President, Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainable Development, Stornoway Diamond Corporation
- Robin Manley, Vice President of Nuclear Regulatory Affairs and Stakeholder Relations, Ontario Power Generation (OPG)
- Bappa Banerjee, General Manager, Mining Equipment, GE Transportation, a Wabtec Company
- David Nus, Global Key Accounts Management, Volvo Construction Equipment
These hybrid, engineering and low-carbon energy experts have also recently joined as Congress sponsors: Wartsila, Maclean Engineering, Ontario Power Generation, Saturn Power, Abengoa, and Clearflow Group.
juwi Renewable Energies, the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service, Total Eren, Énergir, Alion Energy, ESS/Switch Power, G+ Plastics and S&C Electric are also sponsoring this year’s Congress.
on December 2:
ENERGY CHALLENGES AND OPTIONS FOR NEW AND EXISTING OPERATIONS
Omar Thorpe, Senior Manager, Energy Systems, Rio Tinto IOC
Jeff Pagnutti, Energy Management Lead, Vale
Stephen Flewelling, Chief Development Officer, Noront Resources
Rising fuel and electricity costs are leading mining operators to consider new energy solutions to reduce consumption and carbon emissions. This session will provide perspectives from mines on how they are assessing different energy options for existing and new mining operations.
- Insight on the current energy mix and challenges for mining operators
- How are these power challenges shaping production and expansions plans?
- What types of solutions are mines currently considering to reduce fuel consumption – or control electricity costs?
- What role do carbon reduction goals play in analyzing energy solutions?
- What are the main factors supporting the economics for renewables and/or storage integration?
- What are the remaining barriers for investing in these solutions?
- What types of commercial arrangements are most attractive for these projects?
- What factors are influencing the timeline for investment in fuel reduction projects?
- What other low-emission technologies are mines exploring to meet energy and carbon goals?
Please login to post a reply