HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

A Once in a Lifetime Opportunity

by Bob Carreau Advisor, Corporate Sustainability

Bob Carreau is an Environmental Scientist with 40 years of experience in the mining industry. He came out of a very active retirement to join Noront as a sustainability advisor. We asked him why and what attracted him to Noront. After working for many years, I was enjoying some precious family time with my wife Maureen and our 4 married children and 11 grandchildren. We are also avid cross-country cycling tourists so we’ve been taking some great trips as well. But I’ve been watching Noront for several years and was intrigued by the commitment of its leadership to responsible development in the Ring of Fire. It is clear that the company’s objectives are part of a greater plan for economic growth in Ontario. As a long-time miner and sustainability professional, I could see that developing the Ring of Fire would provide new opportunities and multi-generational benefits for Northern Ontario’s First Nations and their partners. And, the fact that Noront’s Eagle’s Nest mine will help create a cleaner tomorrow by providing much needed nickel for electric vehicle (EV) batteries appealed to me as an environmental scientist, father and grandfather. Also, the production from Eagle’s Nest’s will use advanced processes that minimize any surface disturbance – employing underground quarrying and mining and returning waste rock and tailings underground. The projects that Noront is developing and the conditions under which they are advancing them are rare in the industry. In fact, I would go so far as to say this is a once-in-a-lifetime type opportunity. The timing for project development is excellent and by joining the company now I can assist with momentum in the final critical stages. I consider it a privilege to be part of the Noront team at this point in my life. 

http://norontresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/2019-10-Eagles-Eye-Issue-14.pdf

New Message
Please login to post a reply