HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: Northern link to Ring of Fire road inching along...Encouraging

Quote from the article:

....She said the IAAC anticipates future road infrastructure and mining development activities in the Ring of Fire area and a regional assessment is being done to inform and contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of future planning.....

.....The IAAC plans to work with the province, federal authorities, non-government organizations, Indigenous groups and the public and provide a report in the fall.....

Comment: So far, no discouraging news. I personally don't expect a shining report in the fall, because there is no question that development of this sort always comes with a cost to nature. However, after 15 long years and repeated studies of the area by numerous mining companies ( Cliffs, Noront, and KWG), government agencies, First Nations, and now by the IAAC, I cannot see anything significant to stop progress from being made.

The most glaringly obvious thing that must be protected is the water and the air, which hopefully by providing a road will mean the First Nations in the area will have the option of switching from diesel power to LNG for their electricity....At least until power lines follow alongside this Northern Link, or come from Quebec through Mushkegowuk territory, or more likely traverse along the  East/West corridor by way of an agreement with Watay Power. The later being the best option, IMO, because it would include powering the other specific Ring of Fire Matawa First Nations.

But I am getting off on a tangent here...We should be encouraged by this statement coming from the IAAC. That they too anticipate future road infrastructure and mining development activities in the Ring of Fire area. The IAAC holds all the cards right now, and for them to say that they expect a green light for Ring of Fire development to happen is big news to me.

TM.

New Message
Please login to post a reply