HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

author=Albert Osborn
Now, I don't know a thing about Tayopa,but
a short time back I was looking foir a missing
person in Mexico and discovered 5 huge
caches. I don't know if is mines or just huge
deposits. Later, I checked and Milton Rose
(whoever he is) had been to all 5 locations.
We are talking about hundreds of millions at
each location.
Howso

A) Hmm interesting. shall we tallk?

Most of the information that I have on Milton Rose is that He was primarily an author rether than an actual treasure hunter. I personally would love to hear more, especially if it appears that I am doing him an injustice.

Milton died in the middle of the 1900's.

He supposedly found Tayopa - not true - and did find some Spanish mines in Az. He authored various books on lost treasures etc..

Joseph Curry - Till Eulenspiegle

Greetings Real de Tayopa and everyone,
I am a bit late joining in here but wanted to add my two shekels.

First, the spelling of the name is not really a vital point; in fact if you restrict your research ONLY to a single spelling you WILL miss important data. I have seen Tayopa on ancient documents spelled Tayopa, Tayope, Taiopa, Taiope, Teyope, Teiopa and Taope. Spelling should be the least of your concerns when researching the mine. If you insist on spelling it a certain way, I will oblige you here but it is not a great habit when researching old archives.

I noted the photos of Guaynopa mission ruins, did Adrian locate the Guaynopa and/or the Guyanopita silver mines? Just curious at this point, but if the rheumatis medicine would work a bit better... ;)

There should be little doubt at this point that my friend Real de Tayopa has successfully located and owns Tayopa; I salute you, you are an inspiration for us all! That being said, as he explained the mines associated with the name Tayopa actually cover quite a large area, several of the records of the Real list no less than EIGHTEEN mines associated with Tayopa, (some say 17) including placer gold, lode gold and lode silver. A find of any one of these is enough to set you up financially for life (assuming you can work it without being killed by outlaws) so for those brave enough there are still great mines to find. Supposedly local Indios still know the location of the placers but will not show them to outsiders. If I were a bit younger I would be heading there now! (ha ha) Besides, searching for a lost mine has a huge advantage over searching for a buried treasure - a buried treasure could have been found and recovered or simply MOVED. Mines don't get carried off or moved, and rarely are completely "worked out" as some have claimed about the LDM for instance.

Dang it but as much as I don't like to cast stones at a fellow treasure hunter, but Milton Rose takes the cake with e. By his account he found about every lost mine in the southwest and removed every bit of treasure in some cases, sides leaving vast fortunes behind in others. I like a good yarn like anyone but Rose is just too hard to swallow, plus I know from personal experience that one of his "finds" is NOT where he claimed he found it (P.C.). Maybe I am all wrong here and he was telling the gospel, but I just can't buy it.

Oroblanco

HOLA ORO BLANCO: Sorry for the delay, but for some reason I haven't been back to the Tayopa thread for a while, apol..

The last that I had heard from Adrian was that he had not located them.

As for the original 18 mines, they all lie within a distance of 2000 meters from the capilla of Tayopa. There are many other mines in the surrounding areas which can also be legitimately be called "The mines of Tayopa". They lie in the mineral zone of Espobachi, which I have finally found.

Espobachi contains many mines and placers, plus few old Spanish mining towns, one of which is still basically intact according to my Indian informants. This area and the mining towns, have never seen a detector---hmmmmm?

While I enjoy Rose's stories, as I have said, aways take them with a tongue in cheek attitude. Unfortunately this also applies to my Guru of then, Frank Dobie. He never was at Tayopa, but the basis of his story is correct. The Map of Tayopa that he published in his book, is perhaps 98% correct - which in no way fits the Guaynopa zone.

Have no fear Oro Blanco, you will be a Tayopa sooner or later.

Tropical Tramp

HOLA my friend Real de Tayopa,
You know, if the area has never been hunted with a metal detector, there could be some very interesting finds waiting in the earth. We know the whole region has a very violent past with numerous Apache, Seri, Pima, Yaqui etc uprisiings and raids; added with the later battles, skirmishes etc from the French intervention, the Mexican revolution etc it seems a certainty that things of value would be hidden and secreted during the many periods of upheaval and possibly never recovered. Even things which we don't normally think of as "treasure" such as a case of old (but new when buried) rifles or revolvers etc could fetch a nice reward!

Even if a fellow were not interested in tracking down an ancient mine, the areas around where the old mines were is a rather promising place to go prospecting for previously un-discovered mineral veins. It would be a good idea to learn who owns the lands before trespassing though!

Got to git, will check back with you later....
your friend,
Roy - Oroblanco

Tropical Tramp wrote: His Tayopa #1 near Guaynopa and is still to be found with it's treasures.

Aah, Tayopa, Tayopa, possibly the oldest lost mine(s) and longest-sought in the Americas; a personal favorite for me - I guess I have to go ahead and start again, as this lost mine is one I just cannot give up on. I have seen one of the silver bells, a small one, found near Guaynopa by a friend of mine which had "TAYOPA" cast right into it. I know, this Tayopa #1 is only a silver mine, but I personally love silver second only to gold and even the low price of $13 per ounce can add up very quickly. There is also that 23 million pesos in silver left in the vault with the iron door, seen by several people but lost after a flood - what would that be in today's money?

Oroblanco

=Oroblanco l There is also that 23 million pesos in silver left in the vault with the iron door, seen by several people but lost after a flood - what would that be in today's money? Oroblanco
************\

=Oroblanco l There is also that 23 million pesos in silver left in the vault with the iron door, seen by several people but lost after a flood - what would that be in today's money? Oroblanco

23 million Mexican pesos = 2.10665152 million U.S. dollars

What cost $2,000,000 in 1800 would cost $21,686,051.47 in 2005 according to the inflation calculator. Add some for historical value and we are probably looking at $50,000,000 or so

We know where that is, and as soon as I am able to climb in and out of those deep barancas again, I will go open it up.

Tropical Tramp

DJUI
I can hike!!! I've climbed all over the Superstitions like a Mountain Goat. Bring it on!

grin

Hi djui, nothing jelled yet, still ironing out the Escondida for the expense money, can you cook Gormet meals over a cow pie fire??

No promises yet my friend, we shall see.

Tropical Tramp

OOPS ORO, #1 near guaynopa is still to be found, bu "the" Tayopa, that all of the stories etc are associated with, is # 3, this is the one that I have .
~

Tropical Tramp

Hello my friends: Tayopa is still a go. My recent sale of the xxxxxxxxx mine will easily give me enough money to finally get the last of the permits and finish up the job. A little more patience and we will finish up the saga of TAYOPA".

I may be taking that group back up to Tayopa to finish up the search for the metal door. My Friend that had the heart attack had once found it. He had tried to break the lock with a rock but was unable to do so.

When he went back later, he could not find it again.

Headquarters at Tayopa

I will post more pictures again.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Geeze Djuicy, ole hound: It is now going on 3 years and still not moving, thanks to the collapse of the economy . that froze up my cash flow for Tayopa.

Snifffff Sorry.

Shall I continue posting in this manner, or reorganize it? How do I post picturs in here?

Don Jose de La Mancha

New Message
Please login to post a reply