Focusing on Bissett Creek Flake Graphite Deposit

Recently announced significant increase in estimated resources

Free

Below is a recent post on SH for your info

http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bullboard/v.ngc/northern-graphite-corporation?postid=21983146

-----------------------

Hello commoner
There is no need to be that formal, goldhunter or GH would do...some even ventured to call me goldie.

Anyway, your post says: "I believe this company is progressing nicely. At this point it appears an almost go, unless a global economic collapse Q1 2014. They should do well and will most likely increase their resouces once in production. I believe at one point they were talking somewhere around a 90 yr mine life. 2015 production sounds aggressive but they have a better handle than I."

Your assessment was consistent with what is known about this company. The CEO is a conservative person and a very reasonable one to deal with. He would reply to your e-mails promptly with substantive answers (no lip service or fast talking).

The target for 2015 production should be achievable since it would take about a year for plant construction plus a few months to run commissioning tests in order to fix up the kinks and fine-tune/optimize the system. So, 2Q 2015 prediction seems quite reasonable.
They had one surprise. There were significant delays in the MCP approval. It took 10 months for the provincial bureaucrats to review a straight forward submission (an update of a report for a previous operation and no objection from the local folks).

These days EA is touchy issue, and this should be a warning to other companies not to have an optimistic prediction for their MCP approval. At least, approval of this important permit was given to NGC, finally. Some shareholders got impatient with the slow review and have written to Premier Wynne for her intervention...at least, she passed these concerns to her Minister in charge... and miraculously, a few weeks later the permit was issued. Not sure this was the result of the letter writing though.

The key issue now is financing which does not seem to pose a problem as discussed previously in my post (AGO). Caterpillar has committed to provide lease financing for the equipment and would participate in debt financing.

Once they have the equipment available, NGC could start clearing the site which is quite flat (I had a site visit). The site is easily accessible, on Bissett Creek Road, just a few km west of Yates Stonecliffe General Store on Hwy 17, but May is not a good month for a visit because of the pesky black flies.

Stripping of the overburden should not take too long either, since the deposit is tabular and near the surface. Essentially, one would have a shallow pit, just like a typical gravel pit.

Most of NGC graphite contains high-purity large and extra large/jumbo flakes, hence it would attract strategic off-take partners who would pay top price for large and jumbo flakes. With the current prediction in production cost NGC should make some decent profit from my own DD.

Do your own DD, of course, to verify the above.

Cheers,
goldhunter

New Message
Please login to post a reply