Oracle Ridge Copper Mine - Tucson, Arizona

2.17% copper - Production facility construction is expected to begin in the first half of 2012

Free

ccnm

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 13, 2011) - Gold Hawk Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:GHK) ("Gold Hawk" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that the Company's U.S. subsidiary has contracted Major Drilling for a surface diamond drill program at its Oracle Ridge Copper Mine located near Tucson, Arizona.

The phase one surface drill program is for an initial 15,000 feet designed to validate the existing drill hole data. Initial assay results are expected to be released in the first quarter. The Phase One drill core assay results will be compared against and used to verify the historic data and to complete a new, NI 43-101 compliant technical report on reserves and resources. In addition, the Company plans to mobilize an underground drilling program pending availability of appropriate drill rigs and mobilization at the site.

Gold Hawk is in possession of the historic data base consisting of 534 drill holes totaling more than 163,000 feet of drilling. The available historic drill core samples are in good condition and stored on site and are in the process of being catalogued, logged and assayed as part of the study to bring the project to NI 43-101 standards.

The project hosts multiple zones of primary copper skarn mineralization with gold and silver by-product credits. Copper grades in excess of 22% have been intersected in previous drilling. Gold and silver have historically been recovered in the copper concentrate and would be more economically significant today given current metal prices.

Historically there have been a number of resource and reserve estimates available that were made by reliable, knowledgeable professionals. As part of a 1995 feasibility study for a 2,000 tons-per-day processing plant, the former operator developed a mine plan containing 8.8 million tons grading 2.3% copper diluted, in all categories. This mine plan conformed to United States Securities and Exchange Commission mining reserve definitions in place at that time. The reader is cautioned that the foregoing estimate is not in compliance with National Instrument 43-101 - Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects ("NI 43-101") and is cited for historical purposes only and should not be relied upon until further work is carried out. Gold Hawk believes, however, that the historical resource estimates reported above are material and should be disclosed. Gold Hawk believes these historical results provide an indication of the potential of the property and are relevant to future exploration.

For additional information on the Oracle Ridge Copper Mine, please see the August 20, 2010 Technical Report, Review of the Oracle Ridge Mine Project, available on SEDAR and on the Company's website Properties (http://www.goldhawkresources.com/en/properties/oracle-ridge.php).

Glenn R. Clark, P.Eng. of Glenn R. Clark & Associates Limited, a consultant for Gold Hawk, and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed this media release and is responsible for the technical information reported herein.

About Gold Hawk Resources Inc.

Gold Hawk (TSX VENTURE:GHK) is a Vancouver, Canada-based company with a focus on uncovering overlooked deep-value projects to achieve superior shareholder returns. The Company is the sole owner and operator of Oracle Ridge Mining LLC and copper mine located 24 km northeast of Tucson, Arizona. Gold Hawk has cash on hand of approximately $24 million, minimal long-term debt and is managed by an experienced team of mining professionals with extensive operating and financial experience.

New Message
Please login to post a reply