Oracle Ridge Copper Mine - Tucson, Arizona

2.17% copper - Production facility construction is expected to begin in the first half of 2012

Free
Message: Gold Hawk Samples 150 Feet of 2.17% Copper in a Historic Un-Mined

Sublevel at Oracle Ridge

ccnm

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - May 25, 2011) - Gold Hawk Resources Inc. ("Gold Hawk" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:GHK) is pleased to announce that underground sampling of a sublevel driven on the lower Abrigo skarn bed on the 6,400 foot level, in Block 1 at the Company's Oracle Ridge Copper Mine, has returned a continuous 150 feet of mineralization averaging 2.17% copper, 12.59% iron and 0.45 oz/ton silver. Gold averaged 0.006 oz/ton.

"The underground sampling at Block 1 was completed as part of our ongoing historic data verification program," said Mr. Kevin Drover, Gold Hawk's Chairman and CEO. "We are pleased that these copper grades compare favourably with the historic grades contained in the 2,000-tons-per-day mine plan the former operators completed in 1996."

The Block 1 sublevel development was completed prior to the Mine's closure in 1996 in preparation for long-hole stoping but no actual mining of this block occurred. The 150-foot sample interval is along the strike of the skarn bed and estimated true thickness of the skarn bed in this area is approximately 25 to 30 feet.The Oracle Ridge Copper Mine is located 24 km northeast of Tucson, Arizona.

Continuous channel samplings at five-foot intervals were taken on the hanging wall rib of the lower Block 1 Abrigo copper skarn zone. Sampling has been completed on the eastern half of the sublevel and the Company plans to complete sampling of the western half of the sublevel and a sublevel driven on the adjacent upper Abrigo skarn zone in the near future.

The silver and iron content returned by the sampling continues to indicate that both metals may be present in sufficient quantities to represent potentially economic by-products to future copper production. Metallurgical test work in Gold Hawk's ongoing engineering studies is being directed at determining the viability of recovering these metals.

The technical information in this media release has been prepared in accordance with Canadian regulatory requirements set out in National Instrument 43-101 and reviewed by Glenn R. Clark, P.Eng. of Glenn R. Clark & Associates Limited, a consultant for Gold Hawk and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, who is responsible for the technical information reported herein.

The company also wishes to congratulate Mr. Clark on his recent induction as a Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum.

Drill Program update

The confirmation drill program at the Oracle Ridge Copper Mine is advancing on schedule with 12 holes completed at this time. A total of 11,800 feet of drilling has been completed to date of the initial 15,000 feet of surface Phase One drilling designed to validate the existing drill hole data. Assays have been received for seven of the holes with more assays expected in the near future. To date, the results compare favourably with the historic assays and are within expectations.

For additional information regarding Gold Hawk's initial drill assay results, please see the Company's May 12, 2011 media release "Gold Hawk intercepts 25 feet of 4.63% copper, 1.25 opt silver at Oracle Ridge".

For an overview of the historic copper skarn mineralization zones, see the Company's website:

Oracle Ridge Copper Mine - Historic Copper Mineralization Zones (http://www.goldhawkresources.com/en/properties/oracle-ridge.php).

Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders

Gold Hawk will hold its Annual and Special General Meeting on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) at the Seymour Room of the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel, 1180 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, B.C. Shareholders of record as at the close of business on May 2, 2011 are entitled to vote at the meeting. Voting instructions will be sent to shareholders with the Notice of Meeting, Management Information Circular and Proxy and have been filed on SEDAR.

About Gold Hawk Resources Inc.

Gold Hawk (TSX VENTURE:GHK) is a Vancouver, Canada-based company with a focus on uncovering overlooked deep-value projects to achieve superior shareholder returns. The Company is the sole owner and operator of Oracle Ridge Mining LLC and copper mine located 24 km northeast of Tucson, Arizona. Gold Hawk has cash on hand of approximately $19 million, minimal long-term debt and is managed by an experienced team of mining professionals with extensive operating and financial experience.

Forward-looking Statement Disclaimer

New Message
Please login to post a reply