Gold and Oil Exploration

A diversified resource company dedicated to growth through discovery

Free

Oromin "growth through discovery" that statement never rang so true as it has today. The agm was moved to a conference room outside of the Oromin office for the first time since i have been attending. James Stewart disposed of the business portion of the meeting efficiently and we moved on to the AGM presentation. The meeting was well attended with the usual faces Chet, David Mallo David Scott, Doug Turnbull and James Stewart represented the co (sorry if i missed anyone). There were brokers from Vancouver and Edmonton in attendance as well about 8 private investors (again apologies if i missed anyone) The faces are beginning to look familiar as well there were some new ones there today i have not met. This shows the dedication Oromin investors have to the company and the projects we are developing. Many companies i follow have a turnover of investors but Oromin retains the same ones i believe because there is little else of the same quality of project and management to chose form at present. There were 22+ million shares represented in person and proxy at the meeting..

There were 7 directors that accepted nominations for directorship Derek Bartlett, Bob Brennan, Nell Dragovan, Chet Idzisek, Robert Sibthorpe, James Grant, And Doug Turnbull. Dr Haimila will remain a consultant and advisor to the company regarding the Santa Rosa project, he will reside in argentina and oversee the progress in country.

The financials have been filed and accepted by the exchange with apologies from James alluding to inter-jurisdictional financial regulations holding up the process. Oromin has expended over $40 million on the project so far shared with its partner Bendon Intl. of Saudi Arabia. The exploration activity has tripled with the addition of 4 drills in the last year that are now drilling ahead 24 hours a day one drill is down for maintenance and one has been on station drilling water monitoring wells gathering data for the already commenced feasability study due in Q2 09.

The shareholder rights plan was accepted and is in place to give management additional time to consider options and enhance shareholder value in the event of a non-permitted bid. Full description is available in the information circular dated June 30 08

Now to the good stuff...Sabodala is a prolific gold district that will rival any of the known districts to date world wide. It is indeed a "world class discovery". There are not many multi million ounce deposits left to be discovered in the world and we have several in one project! There are massive amounts being spent in infrastructure within the district. Mittal is putting in a rail line that will be within site of our property boundary. MDL has a power plant and mill being completed in months to be online later this year!

Discussion of on the Sabodala project centered around the "snapshot" resource calculation provided by SRK Consulting. I must admit i wasnt sure about the term snapshot previously but completley understand and agree with the terminology at present. It was initiated using the first 555 holes for 85000 meters drilled to the cutoff. I say initiated because now that the modelling is complete using the Gemcom software SRK can add additional holes to the program adding ounces with each hole. Maybe the new slogan should be "adding ounces with every hole" The 1.4 million ounces we have on the books now will be added to very very quickly. Because of the geometry of the deposits they are being drilled with the drills stepped out from the surface expression of the mineralization. What that means is that the drills are moved back and angled to intersect the parallel zones at closer to a right angle. This has the effect of leaving mineralization, within the pit shell calculated by srk, out of the calculation. in other words we have "invisable ounces" laying on top of the srk calcualtion, we know they are there but they are not accounted for YET!. This is done to test along strike which ads ounces faster than drilling from surface to the first intersection. Those ounces can be estimated knowing the orientation of the zones and depth to first contact, as well as the trench results atop the buried mineralization. There is also many meters of drilling completed below the initial pit shells not currently in the calculation. SRK is a very thorough and conservative company giving a dependable initial resource calculation. There are many co's out there that would have not taken the time to understand the geometry and model the deposits with the precision SRK did which would have lead to possibly a larger initial resource number but it may not have translated to reserve status as well.

Cash costs estimates are in line with other african operations in the 350 to 450 range depending on the usual factors, open pit vs underground ratios, strip ratios etc. Metallurgical studies are very positive with excellent recoveries that i believe can be improved!

I think the star of the show today was Masato. I have said it and i think Grandich has as well as has David Mallo, who is a pretty understated guy from my talks with him. Masato is a monster"! That phrase more than any other resounded today. It is indeed large, it has the largest geochem signature on strike at 1700 meters it is being drilled out along strike now with only 144 holes of the 550 included in the resource calc it contributed 48% of the ounces with less than 25% of the holes!!!!! let me say that again.. HALF the ounces came from 25% of the holes.. Masato will be a not only a monster but a company making deposit! Masato is the focus right now as far as drilling goes. There are i think 3 or 4 drills dedicated to drilling out the full extent of the deposit. with 2 to 3 holes completed per day. Let me remind you that the deposit doesnt nessicerily end with the geochem signature it can dip below the laterite cover and have no surface expression (which i think it does). Incidentally masato extends onto MDL's land and it is the #1 priority exploration target for them as well!

Golouma is also a monster by exploration standards. It was mentioned that many companies look for years and never find one deposit as good as any of ours. Indeed taken as a project any one of our 4 deposits would make any company proud. We have 4 plus 13 more viable targets. Golouma has already merged 2 of its lobes i believe looking at the pit shells today it will again merge with west and south becoming one and be extended out toward cloverleaf! We are not far off now from being able to connect Golouma to Cloverleaf and i think this will happen before the feasability giving a boost to ounces! Golouma is significant in the fact that it consists of several deposits intersecting at a near right angle. This tells me there is much much more to discover on out concession than even i first thought. The presence of the mineralization outside the "normal" NE SW trend tells me there is emplacement on primary and secondary structures indicating either one massive mineralizing event or possibly two. The structures cross cut each other so either the one event filled both or there was 2 events that deposited gold. Either way the possibility of structural emplacement doubles to include both the NE SW trending structures and the more east west trending Golouma structure! This really gets interesting when you realize the Cloverleaf geochem sigmature rivals that of Golouma!! Spelled out that means cloverleaf could double the size of golouma maybe more with economies of scale.

Other priority targets include Cloverleaf mentioned above. Sekoto which is most likely a whole diffrent ball of wax with the possibility of a porphry type deposit, Sekoto, Niakaifri, and 10 more!! The ounces are there we just need to drill them!

Other developments to watch for are a listing on a senior exchange and a top tier investment advisor to aid in establishing Oromin as an attractive option for majors looking to replace ounces.

News will be forthcoming very soon on the latest results not included in the resource calculation. Watch for updates to the resource calculation in Q4 and again in Q1 09 then a feasability to be done Q2 09 and drilling santa rosa also Q1 09

Oromin has done some amazing work in Senegal laying the ground work for several world class deposits (i think up to 5) and many other satellite deposits feeding one mill as is the norm in Africa. Understand the pace of this project will accelerate with much of the ground work already having been done results will quickly add ounces and deposits will grow along strike, to depth and laterally. The deepest drills at Masato are about 325m and Golouma just over 500m still finding mineralization. Something had to feed all this surface mineralization!!

My gut feeling is that there is much happening behind the scenes that will soon see fruition. To those selling shares i say thanks and to those buying i say congratulations on finding one of the (if not the) best developing gold play in the world today!!

warmest regards always

caliche

New Message
Please login to post a reply