Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Hey scary,

I don't know what SH was thinking. If this is your thing, you would know better than I would, but I'm not sure if the changes on SH are mostly cosmetic or if there was a major underhaul under the hood. I'm guessing the latter. In the case of Digg they claimed they had to rewrite the whole site from scratch to improve performance.

I figure if SH was having similar issues they should have modeled the existing site as closely as possible. Then they could change features gradually ove time and assess the user response. This destroy and rebuild model is fine if the users like it. . . .

I still liked the old SH, but I'm getting used to this place more every day. I like that the rating system is just an overall, rather than broken up into arbitrary categories. The layout is simple and you have the option of threaded view here too. If folks want to return to SH eventually I have no problem with that, but I think it's still in serious disarray.

And, I'm not sure why we were able to make the seamless transition faster than other SH BBs. Maybe other boards have to set up their hub, it sometimes takes a couple of days. Either way I hope SH gets the message and adapts accordingly for their sake.

New Message
Please login to post a reply