Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

@jrubinst,

I think everything you wrote is accurate and to answer your question at the end, no there is no commercial product, and they are still working to complete it.

The reason given by the company for the extremely long delay is financial starvation. If you recall, after the 2011 AGM in Toronto the company failed to deliver on the solar promises (which they may or may not have thought would really materialize) and also the SBIRs dried up. The combination of these financial hardships are said to have caused POET development to grind to a halt.

I think people would have taken the company at their word if they didn't appear to be hiding the truth. The series of desperate and failed LOCs, the hiring of a VP of solar sales (who departed only months later with no announcement – what, nothing to do?), the purported "leaps and bounds" that customers were making to get their hands on our trackers. This all culminated in a Q1 financial showing only $40k in revenue. . .

So IMHO what we need is someone who is not the company to validate the technology.Even though we now have what I personally think is a trustworthy group in control, we need someone outside looking in to take a shine to OPEL/POET.

The validation could be a BAE product (finally!), it could be a commercial JV/license with Samsung (e.g.), it could even be a big US fund taking a piece (the technical DD is assumed to be valid when big money is thrown down).Whatever happens on our end with the technical milestones, we’re going to need someone else’s opinion to weigh in before some people will be ready to trust the company again.

New Message
Please login to post a reply