Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Hey fellow shareholders,

As the moderator it's up to me to process the violations reported by fellow posters. Dealing with baggie was easy since his posts violate all 6 rules at once.

I have the option of either ignoring the report, warning the poster or banning the poster. I don't imagine that I will have to go as far as banning anyone. I thought it was a good idea to pass on a warning regardless, but now I'm second guessing my decision since the complaints in some cases were made by agora members who don't actively participate.

Going forward I'm going to do the following:

1) Ignore complaints from people who don't post, unless the violation is obvious.

2) include the name of the reporting poster in the text of the warning to the reported poster thereby removing the anonymity

3) Excercise better judgement about the complaints being made.

I think that the rules of posting are there for good reason, but they still need to be interpreted with good reason. Also, there are other questionable actions not covered in agora's 6 rules, such as creating multiple aliases to upvote posts made by a primary alias. This can of course be checked using the IP check tool.

I hope this is satisfactory to those who post regularly on this board. I meant no offence by the way I have been moderating the board up to now. If anyone can suggest a better way to handle complaints going forward let me know.

New Message
Please login to post a reply