Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Thanks to all who have come to my defence.

I was saving this topic until the AGORA mods returned my PM, but since beeny is here talking about everything *but* OPEL as usual, I thought I should bring it up now.

Firstly, for the record I have only deleted 2 posts. One was the infamous "jimmy crack corn" post which I tried to reinstate (thinking it mostly harmless), but was unable to do so.

The other was the one which has since been posted on SH which contained mostly accusations and insults directed towards me, and nothing about OPEL or POET. I reported the violation and deleted it myself, which is a legitimate action to be performed by HUB mods according to the info posted on the HUB leaders forum.

What I probably shouldn't have done, was moderated a complaint against one of my own posts - chosing to ignore the complaint and leave the post up. I subsequently tried to remove the post after all, but there is no option to do so as it was my own post. I even tried to report my own post as a violation so I could process the complaint and delete the post, but since it had already been reported I coudn't do that either.

For the record, if someone else had written the same post I probably would have ignored the violation, but to be an impartial HUB leader I shouldn't be presiding over complaints against me. Therein lies the problem as I am currently the only HUB leader for this forum, the only one who can moderate violations.

I contacted AGORA to find out how to add HUB leaders. I would be able then to let them preside over any complaints against me (or anyone else). I have not heard back from the AGORA folks yet, but I have read following a google search that the topic can be brought to the BB itself for nominating additional HUB leaders.

So when I hear back from them I will post back and we will probably have a system for nominating/appointing we can work with. So you may want to start thinking about who you would trust to moderate this forum.

I think I will hear back on Monday, so in the meantime I will postpone any violation processing on a topic about me, or about commments made by me.

New Message
Please login to post a reply