Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I'm thinking of a scenario where POET might have entered into an agreement contingent on the outcome of their milestones. It is possible that they have a deal which is something less than an MOU, maybe say a contract that allows POET access to facilities of a possible partner who will eventually execute a license if POET can meet certain criteria. I think a scenario like this would allow POET to fully develop PET in relative stealth while meeting disclosure requirements. If POET fails or if the partner wants to pursue other technologies, they can walk away still leaving POET to form other partnerships without damage to their reputation. If successful, the partner company could develop a product and beat others to market. Win-win.

Of course I know nothing of what is going on behind closed doors, but I don't think it will be very long before we are all in the loop. POET has basically said that after MS8 someoene else will dictate the path going forward, so I suspect within a few weeks (or after MS8, latest) we will be able to confirm or reject this scenario.

New Message
Please login to post a reply