Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Fair enough, Snoopydoo!

Since I am not a trader, I am not so much interested in the day-to-day swings, but rather in the long run. Of course it is fun to watch a boost on one day and it is disappointing to see the share price drop like a stone the other day. But in the long run we have nice gains – exactly 200.00% (at CAD 1.56) this year. Okay, okay, we have been at +433% already, but that's just the way it is with a highly volatile stock like this.

Did I expect this one year ago? I must admit, at that time I didn't have a clear expectation about where the share price would be now. Why not? Because one year ago we did not have enough insight into when the technology would be going into production. So I didn't make any assumptions about the time scale. I didn't order a Ferrari or a ticket to Las Vegas. The only thing I knew then and I know now is that this technology is HUGE and will pay out sooner or later. Of course I'd prefer sooner, but this is something we shareholders don't have under control. Even our management and our lab heroes don't have full control, but are subject to technical or commercial circumstances and adversaries.

Today we see much clearer. The most relevant technical milestones are completed. Negotiations are underway. We have Ajit Manocha who is a living certification that POET is the real deal. Peter Copetti made a forecast to the first non-recurring revenues for end of 2014 or early 2015 and much, much more following later. As long as this business story is intact, I don't worry about the share price at all. If Peter's forecast is correct – and with POET we unfortunately can't be sure about the given time frames –, we'll be at, well, let's say $20 a year from now. Or should I better say at a market capitalization of $3.5 billion, to take any reverse or forward stock splits and/or dilution into account.

This long-term perspective is the reason I don't bother about days likey these, but rather place one or the other stink bid, as far as my personal liquidity permits.

Andrea ("Powered by POET")

New Message
Please login to post a reply