Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

The fellow forum members who attended the AGM have done an excellent job in summarizing and reporting on the event. A special mention- and welcome- goes to Rainer, who I had a chance to meet briefly. He will no doubt be a great addition to this group, with his passion and tireless energy on reporting information about POET to both sides of the Atlantic.

I don’t have anything substantial to add from the AGM that has not been conveyed – just this …The tone has changed.

I remember being in the Toronto Pub a few February’s ago before the last major PP where Peter, Lee, Michael White and team spoke.Eager to get the word out, the POET mgmt. team was selling the POET opportunity to a group of potential investors.Many claims on performance and power savings, laser capabilities (for military etc.) were touted.

Since then has been some instances since then where promotion has happened in articles, newsletters etc. (All rightfully so, I would not have it any other way.And this should continue when the time is right.)

This AGM meeting and the all post-AGM discussions that happened in the lab, there was less bold claims on performance and power, or ruling the world - or otherwise.In fact, the team was somewhat reserved in any details on how far, how fast, with what type of partner they would be interested in etc. Peter did not go over the top, milking the Ajit acquisition to the shareholders, he did not squeeze every last bit of mileage from the move (although a very gracious intro and nice comments were conveyed). Dan, Stephane were factual and stayed within the lines when talking with us.

What’s my point?

The POET management is beyond the need to make “bold claims”. They are beyond the juncture where long explanations outling all the opportunties that will lie ahead, spoken like salesmen wanting the close. I really got the feeling that they all know they have something amazing and truly revolutionary in POET. There is no longer a need to over sell it (expecially to current shareholders, but even stilll...).

I believe (my opinion only) they are talking to very significant potential customers that are quite large. These potential customers have asked for certain “design/performance spec” and POET is working on finalizing them in the next 6 months.POET mgmt. knows their destiny is firmly in their grasp with little help now needed from anyone net new.Their ability to execute and finalize the complete TDK, finalize the science, and provide a test chip (not critical btw, things will move along nicely before this happens) is all that is needed.They have the people and the current relationships to make this happen in houe TODAY.

Cash in bank, the right expertise in house, the right figure at the exec chairman, talking negotiating with the right partners (designer, foundry, MBE machine suppliers etc.) and the right potential customers are “on the hook” (this part is my opinion, but a deduction based on my last 2-3 year with POET).

All POET mgmt. seem quite upbeat and display a type of confidence that I translate as…”it is just a matter of time”.

I truly believe everything is falling into place incredibly well.All the needed elements to make POET a success are within reach.It is just a matter of time before they make that final stroke that will undoubtedly set the world on fire.

Hang on to those shares....this is going to get good. Really good.

New Message
Please login to post a reply