Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Have been away for a while and just catching up. One thing thats really bothering me...

Talking about the POET 15 second clip being featured in a super bowl ad really takes away from the seriousness, reputation and real DD presented on this board. The reason I say that is if you believe this is even a remote possibility, then perhaps you don't fully understand what you are invested in and the mania on this board has taken another step too far.

Super bowl ads and any other many stream television ads are geared towards a particular audience, in this case the mass retail, consumer, end-user market. You are talking about Coca Cola products, cars, potato chips, beer, mobile devices, insurance, charity, etc. Also they are flashy, eye-candy and are very expensive.

POET is not and will not be marketed to mass consumers sitting and watching a football game because it is the wrong audience, and POET is a process/technology whose customers will use it to build their own devices that will then be marketed to the masses. The techies who care about the ins and outs of every device they own will understand the significance that it contains a multiprocessor "Powered by Poet" but the regular user who does not give a hoot about whats inside will only care that their Apple or Samsung product (just as an example) can do things that their friend's devices can't.

This ad was quite clearly put together for investors in the US. You will likely see it on the investment channels and so forth. Their audience is investors, and perhaps POET's customers who will be the device and chip manufacturers of the world. Super bowl? Come on now. It doesn't even make business sense.

That said, I'm really looking forward to what this week could have in store for us.

New Message
Please login to post a reply