Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

@scary

I agree that finding products labelled "POET" on the shelf at the store is going to take time. Indeed, starting from scratch beginning this October might push royalties until late 2016. But here's a few thoughts that might make you feel better.

First off, we are not starting from scratch. Many of the devices that can combine to create products have likely been optimized and likely made available to a select few with the help of Synopsys. The fact that POET is trying to procure a supply of wafers built for POET tells me that they're ready to print chips that have been designed to spec.

I'm speculating that our new managers saw potential for adoption short term using the devices POET has already developed and optimized. If I was to guess at the kinds of products under development I would start with those that POET has already promoted, such as the optical transciever, and IR detector. I believe that these have already undergone years of development and they may be ready for the market without much delay.

I honestly don't even think we need money in our hands to see the effect on the stock. An MOU with someone we've heard of will make all the difference. I think as far as the market is concerned we just need to be validated by folks outside the company. And by validated, I mean investment in our technology - this could be money or a JV.

It's too bad the market was spooked by the NR you talked about. It makes no sense at all to me. Let's just say that we really *are* reconsidering and completely revising our plans. Is this bad? Is it even unexpected?

If you put Leon, Peter and Suresh in a room and it was up to you to decide who would make a plan for commercializing POET who would you pick?

Leon put us in the deepest, blackest hole possible, and it took Peter's hard work to lift us out. Sadly, Peter is being blamed (mostly by the dopes on SH) for not delivering on promises about revenue and milestones. But you'll remember that the issues he did deliver on go back all the way to Leon's tenure - that being the debt and the subsequent warrant overhang that is presing hard on the SP at the moment. The fact is that Peter was the right guy for repairing our books and finding talent, but he's not the guy to seal the deal with the SV types. He doesn't speak their language. He knows this, which is why he remained interim CEO, and he communicated this perfectly in the CIC London meeting.

Changes in the master plan result from the natural succession of management that is required to move us from a venture R&D possible scam RTO, to a NASDAQ traded tech company operating out of SV with customers and revenue.

So do we want Suresh to stay the course and ignore his experience and connections? Or do we want him to use all of his talent to take us in the right direction. For my part, I remain optimistic that all of the changes that have taken place since Leon stepped aside are leading towards revenue and recognition. I'll review my outlook when I hear from Suresh and Co. at the end of September.

Sorry for the rambling, but I had to respond. The only other thing I want to day is that this selling is clearly mainly Pinetree and/or Sheldon and a sprinkling of frightened retail shareholders. This selling will end and I for one will not miss Sheldon or Pinetree. We just need to let them have their way with us and let the SP recover when they done.

New Message
Please login to post a reply