Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I feel a need to chime in here because it is very obvious the direction the company has taken to me. Some are ignoring the statements made directly from management. They are trying to convince themselves of something that is no longer a priority or possibly trying to convince others of short term revenue avenues for their own short term gains, and completely ignoring what management has told us.

They clearly stated to shareholders that they believe now the quickest way to monetization is through producing a commerically viable optical transceiver (i.e. VCSEL). Do you honestly think that if PET could provide revenue in a shorter time period, that they would say no to that? Would they tell their potential customer(s) who they did the work for, "I am sorry, our new management team believes we need to focus on the full optical solution now instead of PET, so even though you want it so bad, we cannot continue to work with you and take your money in the short term."

Its very clear that the direction change occurred because they weren't able to get a deal in place for one reason or another or the metrics for PET weren't enticing enough for the customer(s) they were working with. Otherwise a deal would have already been in place by the time Suresh came on board and changed direction. Listen to the CC. Its all there discussing the difficulties of not having a real commercial product to show and sell, etc. This is why they identified a new quickest path to monetization which is very solid and more believable.

Do not ignore the fact that they have made this statement which is tied to the VCEL work and prototypes:

• Initial NRE Revenues expected to start in 2H2016

Oh, but as a public company, we don't want to tell you that we have a surprise for you with revenue much earlier because of a PET deal thats in the works. Seriously?

Lets also not forget that the company has provided us a product roadmap which doesn't talk about PET at the moment. If there was something shorter term, believe me, the company would want to make that very clear to investors as it would be to their benefit, and they would want to appease investors anyway possible. I know this because I am responsible for our own product roadmap and you don't leave something as signficant as that out and an NDA would not prevent you from telling your investors that there is still investment and progress being made in this area. Telling us nothing about something that was a focus for the last 18 months or so is extremely telling.

PET is part of POET, and POET is the future. POET is what customers will want, and what we as investors should hope the management team is investing all their time on because thats where the real disruption lies, and where we can all become wealthy.

New Message
Please login to post a reply