Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I'd like to add, what I learned last weekend by someone working for a major ERP software company, beeing in charge for building new data centers soley in the cloud area.

Maybe that adds some value to the calculation.

They are generating new 1-2 TB per day, with each TB using 30 CPUs (well, the CPUs are using the TBs). In terms of data modelling they recently were able to reduce filesizes by x10. Nevertheless, growth is stated and anticipated with tripple digit. Above that, I was informed that these companies decided to build their data centers themselves, since they won't find contractors doing it probably.

To point out:

* developments in data modelling is seen as kind of puffer and necessary to be cost-effective. this puffer is just a step of many, improving data centers, it is limited and will be eaten fast

* increasing no of CPUs leads to more interconnections(!). guessing that there is a correlation between advanced data modelling/processing and no of CPUs.

* growth: tripple digit

* ERP cloud is just on fragment

New Message
Please login to post a reply