Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Jammingthepipeline: So if I understand it well, the results of VCSEL and FET, we were expecting in Q1, are not finished yet and can take some more months. Or are they finished and do we have to wait for integration of these components? I am, as always, a bit confused after a POET NR.

It's not only you who is confused, but first of all the POET news release is. While the technical message is brilliant, they ruin it all by unclear wording, making investors guess what might be meant and what might not be meant.

They are talking about a detector prototype product by the end of 2016, while not saying a word about the VCSEL transceiver prototype product. So do they have one or two products in their pipeline? This is at least confusing and could have been avoided by clear wording.

POET is "reaffirming its confidence to prototype its first detector product by the end of 2016." However, the company has never made such an announcement before. So how could they "reaffirm" this?

While the current state of the VCSEL transceiver components, i.e. the Q1 targets, has been stated (detector: completed, VCSEL: not completed, FET: not completed), it is unclear how long the completion steps for the remaining components might take. Suresh "expects to remain on-plan in the execution of our lab-to-fab commercialization initiative", which would mean completion in the very near term – remember they were targeted for Q1. On the other hand "announcements will be forthcoming on the performance of these devices, over the next months".

"On-plan" or "over the next months" – that's quite a difference and contradictory. Maybe Suresh talks about discrete VCSEL and FET components, while "over the next months" is already referring to the integrated VCSEL transceiver. That would be a plausible explanation.

However, in a news release I don't want guesswork, but clear and unambiguous statements!

The news release leaves the average reader in a state of uncertainty about where we are. However, uncertainty is something the stock market doesn't like at all. So the current share price is not surprise.

Don't get me wrong! The technological message is fantastic, POET is closer to revenue than ever, and I would buy more if only I could. Anyway, I am looking forward for the next months and years to come.

Oh, and by the way, the mm/µm and mW/µW typos are also in the HTML version on POET's own website. So I am not sure if it's really Robert who is to blame. At least the wording of some messages that have been sent to IR are inappropriate. According to the PDF's metadata, I'd say the text of the news release comes from POET, not from Ferri. Then down the road some tool converted the 'µ' to an 'm' without anyone noticing.

New Message
Please login to post a reply