Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: This board is reaching Dot Connecting-FB-Apple levels of hysteria (again)

I say this respectfully to all of those who are very enthusiastically connecting or inferring the existence of dots where there may or may not be. I, like many others have been here since the OPL days. We saw dots then. We saw our share price climb to 2.8+. We heard many references of timelines and expected revenues. There was much promised and many many changes. We as shareholders were put through the ringer multiple times only to have it repeat in different ways. 

That was then. Now, after having the sp driven down to below what my original purchase price of .40 back in the day, there are again musings of wonderous events that seems to be right around the corner. Please pardon the (justified) jaded view that, until we actually get a news release that states we are selling a product to someone and that dollars are now in-fact flowing into the company coffers and the officers and IR firm have earned their keep, I am keeping these now tender feet bolted firmly to the ground. The fantastical scenarios and dreams of a blockbuster sp breakout and early retirement are wonderful, but the dose of reality that we have all experienced (that being: creating a technology company takes way more time and money than we or they thought or were told would take) has tempered my (and many others I'm sure!) outlook and expectation to much more modest outcomes in the near term. 

That said, the foundation being set continues to look promising and I look forward to seeing continued developmental progress of the POET technology. That is what most originally invested for. The BB and Dens acquisitions will help to keep this ship floating(hopefully without further dilution through another PP) while we await the announcement of POET's true arrival. 

Really looking forward to that day. That is when we can all start to breath again. Until then I now take all mention of dots and speculation with a shovel of salt. 

Regards

Derekwpg

New Message
Please login to post a reply