Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I can't help but argue this point on execution.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but how can you say that "One has to wonder though, where might we be today if the fullest resources of a starving industry had been deployed 2 years ago to accelerate this to realization."...?

Your statement completely ignores things that were out of the control of the company, namely, the bidding war for Anadigics. If you want to speculate, how about saying "if the Anadigics deal had gone according to plan we would (probably) be further ahead than we are now." It could be argued that the last PO was entirely caused by the Wavetek/Anadigics fiasco, although I would imagine there are other uncontrollable issues that the company also had to manage.

Furthermore, this management team had a different plan than the previous one, to keep all inhouse, and thus the old thoughts/desires/plans were tossed when they walked through the door. We all knew PC was incapable of doing with this tech what really needed to be done, which was to bring it along so it could be mass produced in fabs that currently make chips out of sand. No one argued at the time they were the wrong team; in fact, I bet you even complimented them on their choices.

I think the company has done admirably, with somewhat limited resources, apparently in a drive to control the whole process, as opposed to farming it out elsewhere.

Although still to be proven, I believe this will be a very fortunate thing for all shareholders.

New Message
Please login to post a reply