Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Fairchij says: "Look at slide 10. They now own two disruptive technologies. InP hybrid which can use ether SI or dielectric for the bench. It is really cheap packaging with the requirement for lenses and collimators (expensive optical stuff) removed."

Fairchij, what is really throwing me off now is slide 8. How is it that management claims InP Hybrid Platform is a much greater market opportunity and return on investment then the GaAs Platform according to the bubbles in the graph? The holy grail and major disruptor (the reason most of us are here in the first place) is supposed to be the GaAs-based POET technology with monolithic integration. I am absolutely stunned that they are showing a bigger opportunity for InP Hybrid Platform now. Any reasonable explanation for this? It is like realizing my worst fear when I saw it - that over the years the potential for the POET monolithic solution is fading, while Denselight/BB Photonics technologies are becoming the main player. Did anyone else not get taken aback when they saw that slide?  I am hoping this graph is showing shorter term potential but unfortunately it doesn't specify. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply