Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

It should be obvious by now that the much anticipated GaAs effort didn't work out.   That dog won't hunt.   As I recall,  after a long time, BAE also gave up on Poet platform, and relinquished all rights to it.   That was our first clue.

I think Suresh and Ajit knew there were problems many months ago.  Ajit left the Chairmanship, and Suresh used Poet's mkt. cap and funds to buy DenseLight and BBP.   Today they finally admitted that they won't be wasting any more money and effort on GaAs, unless they can find a partner with deep pockets who will fund further research and trials.

So, what we have is DenseLight and BB Photonics and their future products.   The IP for Geff Taylor's life work is unfortunately not worth much at this point, and the large speculation about disruptive technology is now put to bed, and someone else will have to solve the end of Moore's Law.

As I understand it, for Poet, the business effort and future is now all about Idium Phosphate based DenseLight products.   Hopefully anticipated sales and income will obviate the necessity of another P.O.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply