Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Seriously 3,000,000 options, Where does this guy get off?

Shame on you if you are OK with Suresh receiving that many options at 28 cents. Either you need to get checked out, or you are representing the company in some capacity, or its all about a personal agenda. This is sickening! Words can't even describe how I feel towards this management team after years of broken promises and failures. He and his team has failed in every way to commercialize the POET technology and has had ample time to do it when back in 2014/15 we were supposedly already in advanced stages towards commercialization during the lab to fab transition that seemed endless. They took the company in a different direction than many of us wanted, and the result is its 2017 and they now need a partner to get them to the finish line.

The real reason for this post is the following:

Could this have all gone differently if they never changed their business strategy? Hindsight is 20/20 but a bunch of us were already not thrilled about the change in direction shortly after Suresh came on board but we stuck it out anyway. It amazes me how people are thankful for Denselight/BB acquisition as InP is supposedly here to save the day.

Has anyone given thought to the fact that if they had focused 100% of their resources and energy on POET and not acquired the other two companies, they would have already resolved the transistor issue long ago ????

Heck, does anyone question why this issue wasn't solved in the lab and discovered long ago and why it was only presented to shareholders in the last few weeks? This is a huge red flag and not only a major trust issue, but shows lack of risk mitigation as this issue should have been addressed long ago. But Suresh, why not give yourself some (3 million) options since you deserve it, deterioriating the share price from the 1.40 range to the 20 cent range, diluting the heck out of the company and failing to commercialize POET. How someone can not be ashamed to take that many options based on their current performance is beyond me. If I was him I would step down in a hurry and let someone else take my place. No salary adjustement can compensate for this latest move. Options for a lot of tech companies are given to employees as incentive when they are hired on, and not an endless trough you feed from year after year (especially with poor performance). I just want my money back and at this point it may still be years as revenue potential provided by the company (not projections) show a measly 50 million in 2019 and  by then we could be sitting on 350-400 million outstanding shares fully diluted. Do your math and the resulting share price is not something to get excited about.

People have conditioned themselves so much to the current situation that every little possible dot or opportunity (such as this RFP) gets people so excited. They are all a real stretch, as they have been over the last 7 years I have been following. I guess there is nothing real substantial so we will take what we can get at this point of the journey for this extremely poor investment. Good for you if you can still find a way to be excited.

New Message
Please login to post a reply