Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Yes they will need to work ahead and be prepared for the higher demands associated with meeting customer cost targets. And not just for datacom but for sensing applications as well which should represent a very big emerging market. We can see that they have been focused on this by developing the lasers and detectors that will integrate with the dielectric. I expect that for most companies attempting to replicate POETs hybrid PIC platform they would first have to have the dielectric before they could redesign the active components for integration. 

---------------

Pure speculation on my part: perhaps one of the things that has delayed our reaching market is the care with which Suresh is making sure that manufacturing capacity will be able to satisfy the demand they anticipate (at least this is my hope), once performance specs are nailed down and buyers line up. Every bit as much oversight will be needed to get quantity out the door in a timely fashion as will be needed to make sure quality yield occurs in the production lab.

New Message
Please login to post a reply