Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Nice dot connecting Monk. China does come with its own set of unique problems. I posted the following on Jan 9. It was not a random thought on my part.

Industry knows they need to change. They need to find ways to improve integration and lower costs and this in turn does create some issues in terms of sharing information even under NDA and especially where China is involved. So there becomes a need to be very cautious and to choose partners very carefully. To have such a novel platform that has such a big potential to change the way in which photonics are integrated and maintain control of that technology is a difficult spot for a small company. Again these are all reasons for them to avoid doing a deal right now for the waveguide for $1 or $2 when they can replace optical engines at much greater value closer to $100 and at the same time avoid providing too much knowledge of what the platform can ultimately become.

For me it has always been about technology and doing thing more efficiently. I think the market is finally starting to recognize that POET's dielectric platform is a major departure in how optical integration is achieved today. I believe the light is starting to go on as development progresses with very positive results. Applications for that platform will continue to expand as companies begin to understand the serious advantages that this platform offers for optical integration which as we all know is a rapidly growing industry.

As 5G networks rollout companies will be scrambling to meet the growth requirements and I think POETs technology is probably being looked at very seriously to enable the buildout that will be required.

I think POET is on the verge of something very big and will need to collaborate with many companies globally as POET begins the rollout of optical engines that will  power the future.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/01/5g-mobile-speed-global-gdp-growth/

New Message
Please login to post a reply