Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Rick there is always a ramp up to yield. That should always be a given in new product development. Whether that would be the case or not with the POET platform I would think that based on what the company has reported in terms of only using known good die it is  probably less likely. But in terms of positions being filled, engineers responsible for failure analysis is a standard job function. Apple right now has openings for 216 failure analysis engineers. I actually think it is a good thing that they are so far along in product development that they are filling a position to work with customers. When combining electronics from different manufactures with a POET optical engine I would think it becomes increasingly important to anticipate any potential failures associated with the multiple modules that make up the transceiver so  that they can be dealt with quickly if they occur.

New Message
Please login to post a reply